1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Note 2 in Car Mode (Driving Mode), does it work?

I was using a Galaxy S3 with the Samsung Infuse Car Dock. Worked beautifully. Every time I put the S3 in the dock "Driving Mode" activated automatically and every screen was in a landscape mode.

Question. Does the Note 2 do that?

I'm using the Samsung Universal Car Dock now(in landscape) and I have to manually put the Note 2 into Driving Mode and nothing happens. I mean nothing happens. Most screens don't rotate except for maps and navigation. And yes, Auto Rotation is on.

I know some people have said that the Samsung car docks that have charging ports enable the Driving Mode. But I could always manually put the S3 into Driving Mode and everything would rotate and I would see a little steering wheel icon in the notifications bar. With the Note 2 I don't even get the little steering wheel icon.

Can anyone give me any information regarding this? I need to know whether I have a bad Note 2 or this is the Samsung has chosen to limit with the Note 2

Default Re: Note 2 in Car Mode (Driving Mode), does it work?

Driving mode simply reads your text for you,, does a few more things like that so basically you can do things hands free. Nothing is supposed to change on them screen. When you lights they screen it read your the time and date. Just little things. Nothing special.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.

I haven't gotten the N2 to do much other than read text using the driving mode icon.

BUT -- using NFC Task launcher -- I get the "Driving Mode" that is more like the S3 by enabling "CAR DOCK"...

I have NFC tags in my cars but you can just launch the tasks manually also. Bottom line, using NFC task launcher, you can enable "Car Dock" and enable Driving Mode like with the S3 and you get the steering wheel and all. The only issue is there is no way natural way to exit the Car Dock mode, so launch another NFC task to exit the mode.

So the mode is there, I don't have a car dock -- but it seems plausible that it should detect and enable Car Doc mode. If not, you can always grab some NFC tags!

-aj

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roozta View Post
    I haven't gotten the N2 to do much other than read text using the driving mode icon.

BUT -- using NFC Task launcher -- I get the "Driving Mode" that is more like the S3 by enabling "CAR DOCK"...

I have NFC tags in my cars but you can just launch the tasks manually also. Bottom line, using NFC task launcher, you can enable "Car Dock" and enable Driving Mode like with the S3 and you get the steering wheel and all. The only issue is there is no way natural way to exit the Car Dock mode, so launch another NFC task to exit the mode.

So the mode is there, I don't have a car dock -- but it seems plausible that it should detect and enable Car Doc mode. If not, you can always grab some NFC tags!

-aj
    How do you manually launch car dock mode?

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I've been wondering this too. I was going to buy the Samsung car dock today. My nexus one had this car dock feature automatically turn on with its car dock.

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    I've been wondering this too. I was going to buy the Samsung car dock today. My nexus one had this car dock feature automatically turn on with its car dock.
    My Droid X2 did as well. It does not look like the Note 2 has a similar type of app built into the home launcher or otherwise. I was recommended Car Home(), though I haven't had a chance to test it.

Apparently it can detect when the phone is placed into a compatible car dock, whatever that means. That said, this may be an issue that gets me to use the NFC TecTiles, which if that was a planned move by Samsung, bravo!

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I was heading to Best Buy to pick one up and my local store closed down. If you haven't heard, they closed a bunch of stores in Canada yesterday. Need to probably go to another store or drive to the Samsung Store which is the only one in Canada! Good thing it's a 20 minute drive only. Can't believe how hard it is to find the OEM dock up here.