Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Resident Linux Fiend

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Default Re: Should I be jealous of other phones that have LTE right now? Why or why not? (I have N7100)

It's basically a non lte 4g service, that is better than wimax...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Default Re: Should I be jealous of other phones that have LTE right now? Why or why not? (I have N7100)

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    No lte is overkill, for the everyday user its not even needed.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    I said same thing on countless threads when I did not have it,,, now is could not live without it.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    In all honesty I am on lte always and get 16 hours of heavy use out of a charge. Thats more them I need so lte power consumption is irrelevant for me.

http://www.samsungupdate.com/phones/...g-vs-n7105-lte

"Apparently you can get around 10 hours of screen-on time on the N7100 with 3G and calls and other usual activities. On the other hand, the N7105 also only with 3G on, still cannot reach that much screen-on time. Usually it lasts around 7,8 hours of screen-on time.

If you have 4G network activated you can get around 5h of screen on time, which is nowhere compared to what you can do with the 3G version of the Galaxy Note 2."

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

LTE is the reason I have Verizon instead of Sprint. Sprint doesn't even offer WiMax here. LTE makes things so much better and the battery drain on the Note 2 isn't even noticeable. I wouldn't go back to 3G unless there was a solid HSPA+ provider, which is not available here.

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts

Looks like ATT recently activated LTE service in Virginia Beach VA. Last night I noticed the LTE indicator on my Note 2 for the very first time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Looks like ATT recently activated LTE service in Virginia Beach VA. Last night I noticed the LTE indicator on my Note 2 for the very first time.

Cool... can you take a screen shot of it and post it here?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dodong27 View Post
    Cool... can you take a screen shot of it and post it here?

Thanks!
    Here it is. This is for the Norfolk and Virginia Beach, VA area...
    Should I be jealous of other phones that have LTE right now? Why or why not? (I have N7100)-uploadfromtaptalk1359822850183.jpg

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Well I'm on sprint and this is my speed test on lte

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Should I be jealous of other phones that have LTE right now? Why or why not? (I have N7100)-uploadfromtaptalk1359827397436.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by sterandroids View Post
    Just did some research and it really does drain the battery more. And what surprised me more was that even when your lte is off the battery life is significantly lower than the n7100 because of the addtl lte antenna. I originally thought that the lower battery life will happen ONLY if the lte is activated, so in short your battery life will suffer regardless if your lte is on or not. This turned me off since one major factor I switched to a note 2 is because of the great battery life. not to mention hspa+ isnt that bad as well. If I wanted a phone with a substandard battery I would have gotten an s3 or just stuck with my iphone 5. So meh, ill get lte on my note 3. Thanks for the comments!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    There's no added added battery strain on lte on the newer lte models

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    There's no added added battery strain on lte on the newer lte models

Exactly,, and in many cases it's better on battery. Common sense, less buffering,, less battery.

love my evo.
    Resident Linux Fiend

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

If people are complaining on a battery that easily goes 20+ hours.... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Only time I've killed mine faster is playing either a psx or n64 emulator for hours, which even then the battery drain is impressively low.

Even keeping lte antenna on, I saw 29 hours before it gave me the plug me in or I'll kill you prompt (at first warning) yesterday, running Pandora for quite a bit.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I keep lte on 95% of the time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12