Should I be jealous of other phones that have LTE right now? Why or why not? (I have N7100)

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Change your terminology and you're spot on. Regular 4g indicator means hspa+. You can go into settings, about phone, status and see the network type you are connected to. If it says lte, it's lte. The speed test app also tells you this when testing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully I have Sprint so I don't have this whole confusing hspa stuff... I get lte mostly where I go, I keep my radio on, see on avg 20-25mb down, and get great battery...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Change your terminology and you're spot on. Regular 4g indicator means hspa+. You can go into settings, about phone, status and see the network type you are connected to. If it says lte, it's lte. The speed test app also tells you this when testing.

Just checked and it says: Mobile Network Type: HSDPA:9
But at the top bar of my phone it says 4G not 4G LTE...
What does this tell me..?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just checked and it says: Mobile Network Type: HSDPA:9
But at the top bar of my phone it says 4G not 4G LTE...
What does this tell me..?

I'm no expert on HSdPA+ but maybe its present 4glte tech like wimax was for sprint and clearwire.

Sent from my SPH-L710

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It's basically a non lte 4g service, that is better than wimax...

sterandroids

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
In all honesty I am on lte always and get 16 hours of heavy use out of a charge. Thats more them I need so lte power consumption is irrelevant for me.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

http://www.samsungupdate.com/phones/galaxy-note-2-n7100-3g-vs-n7105-lte

"Apparently you can get around 10 hours of screen-on time on the N7100 with 3G and calls and other usual activities. On the other hand, the N7105 also only with 3G on, still cannot reach that much screen-on time. Usually it lasts around 7,8 hours of screen-on time.

If you have 4G network activated you can get around 5h of screen on time, which is nowhere compared to what you can do with the 3G version of the Galaxy Note 2."

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
LTE is the reason I have Verizon instead of Sprint. Sprint doesn't even offer WiMax here. LTE makes things so much better and the battery drain on the Note 2 isn't even noticeable. I wouldn't go back to 3G unless there was a solid HSPA+ provider, which is not available here.

cgordonn

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Looks like ATT recently activated LTE service in Virginia Beach VA. Last night I noticed the LTE indicator on my Note 2 for the very first time.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Looks like ATT recently activated LTE service in Virginia Beach VA. Last night I noticed the LTE indicator on my Note 2 for the very first time.

Cool... can you take a screen shot of it and post it here?

Thanks!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm on sprint and this is my speed test on lte

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359827397436.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359827397436.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 16

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just did some research and it really does drain the battery more. And what surprised me more was that even when your lte is off the battery life is significantly lower than the n7100 because of the addtl lte antenna. I originally thought that the lower battery life will happen ONLY if the lte is activated, so in short your battery life will suffer regardless if your lte is on or not. This turned me off since one major factor I switched to a note 2 is because of the great battery life. not to mention hspa+ isnt that bad as well. If I wanted a phone with a substandard battery I would have gotten an s3 or just stuck with my iphone 5. So meh, ill get lte on my note 3. Thanks for the comments!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

There's no added added battery strain on lte on the newer lte models

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
There's no added added battery strain on lte on the newer lte models

Exactly,, and in many cases it's better on battery. Common sense, less buffering,, less battery.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If people are complaining on a battery that easily goes 20+ hours.... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Only time I've killed mine faster is playing either a psx or n64 emulator for hours, which even then the battery drain is impressively low.

Even keeping lte antenna on, I saw 29 hours before it gave me the plug me in or I'll kill you prompt (at first warning) yesterday, running Pandora for quite a bit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci