Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Hmm but will the z10 be able to penetrate the android/iOS dominated us market? (They'll certainly sell better than windows phone, which IMO Microsoft just needs to abandon) With some luck maybe?

I'm not rooting for blackberry but they were good phones once upon a time. I just think blackberry needs to focus more on the everyday user if they want bigger market share and not just the company user.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    RIM's culture is not to cater to the everyday user. AAMOF, I think part of the reason they don't is that they can save a tiny bit of face by pretending all that they WANT is the corporate people.

I seriously doubt RIM is going to be anything but a niche player from now on...until someone swallows them up. They have nothing compelling to offer, to cause people to switch from Apple or Android. To think otherwise is just fanboyism at it's most optimistic.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    RIM's culture is not to cater to the everyday user. AAMOF, I think part of the reason they don't is that they can save a tiny bit of face by pretending all that they WANT is the corporate people.

I seriously doubt RIM is going to be anything but a niche player from now on...until someone swallows them up. They have nothing compelling to offer, to cause people to switch from Apple or Android. To think otherwise is just fanboyism at it's most optimistic.
    Seeing as I have never used a BB in my life...and I like what I see from BB10 and the Z10.....its not all fanboyism. Some ppl just like what they see. So far 1 person at work, another I used to work with are planning to get a BB10 device.

One is an iPhone user....one a BB user. The iPhone user said his first love of smartphones was a BB. And he finally sees something that has his attention.

They might be niche. It hasnt really hurt Apple in the desktop world. BB still have the security and IT features. The Z10 is like a good mix of work n play. The qwerty phone would be all work. Screen too small for anything else.....IMO.

I do agree tho that just like with WP...BB users that left for the iPhone or Android....they are gonna be cautious about going back to BB. So far it hasnt worked out for WP. WP has been on the market going on 3 years. We will see how BB does. Right now I would pick the Z10 and BB10 over WP if I ever left Android. The Live Tiles and the UI of WP just seem too locked in.

I think thats a key thing many ppl overlook with WP and BB. Those users left....for a reason. And are for the most part happy. Whether they went to Android or the iPhone. New customers, new smartphone users....thats whatever. The key is the users that left.

i know they aren't RIM. don't think you are educating me. I knew about the name change the minute it was announced. and their US ticker symbol which changed the following Monday to BBRY.

[quoted post deleted by moderator]

I have good reason not to like RIM/BB.

and another thing. it mattters not one iota what I think about BB. What matters is the tens of millions of other people that would rather own Android/Apple.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Please keep the discussion civil. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
    diegonei likes this.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    No, its comparable to the S3, not S2.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Seems you were even more right then you may have known....maybe you did know...lol:

BlackBerry Z10 teardown reveals striking similarities to the Galaxy S3 - Yahoo! News

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

Current BB-er here, seriously considering jumping ship to Android.
    Here are the BB functions I'm a bit concerned Android will lack, but I have every confidence some app or the other will solve:
    1. Ability to (at the touch of a button) send a text message to a contact (or contacts) and have that message be sent to recipient's cell phone *and email address* - hopefully without having to manually add the email address into any field -- ie, the ability to easily PAGE THIS GUY WHEREVER HE IS.
    2. Auto-text (Word Substitution) -- optimally somehow syncing with TextExpander or something similar.

The world must be full of fanboys then. A couple minutes on Google news will tell you that nearly 30 percent of people who bought a BB10 device came from iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Apparently there are features compelling enough to make people jump platforms.

Seriously dude, get over your Blackberry hate. The reviews are great and the devices are selling better than RIM could have ever dreamed. Analysts now acknowledge that more than 3 million BB10 devices will be sold (their "best possible outcome" number) far more than the 1 million, (their "what rim needs to survive" number) with many who were once skeptical saying they'll likely sell 8 million or more.

The BB10 launch has been a success, move on and find something else to nay-say.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by BeRich View Post
    Display: Skyrocket--4.5" Z10--4.2" (Skyrocket)
    Skyrocket--480x800 Z10--768x1280 (Z10)
    Skyrocket--207ppi Z10--356ppi (Z10)
    Colors are the same at 16 777 216
    Skyrocket-1 Z10-2

Battery: Skyrocket--1850mAh Z10-1800mAh (Skyrocket)
    Skyrocket-1

Hardware: Skyrocket--1.5GHz dual-core processor Z10 1.5GHz dual-core processor (same)
    Skyrocket--1024MB RAM Z10--2048MB RAM (Z10)
    Skyrocket--16GB on-board storage Z10--16GB on-board storage (same)
    Skyrocket--32GB expandable memory Z10--64GB expandable memory (Z10)
    Z10-2 Tie-2

Camera: Skyrocket--8MP/2MP Z10--8MP/2MP (same)
    Camcorder: Skyrocket--1920x1080 (1080p HD) Z10--1920x1080 (1080p HD)

In conclusion: Blackberry is producing their BRAND NEW phone with some specs that tie with a phone that is over a year old. Their "redesigned" phone should be surpassing older ones in order to attract consumers they lost to Android and iOS months/years ago. Blackberry is simply still not on par with NEW phones.
    Skyrocket has a WVGA screen and an S3 SOC. Z10 has an HD screen and S4. That along is a huge difference.

Z10 FFC does 720p. SR does VGA.

Back camera on Z10 is superior to SR.

Battery Life better as well, easily.

The Z10 specs are equivalent or better than US GS3 devices. The SR isn't comparable.

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM

The bickering needs to stop. I'm not asking again.

diegonei likes this.

I asked that this thread be moved to a different forum weeks ago. it shouldn't reside in the Note forum, IMO. It's all about BB!

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM

I asked that this thread be moved to a different forum weeks ago. it shouldn't reside in the Note forum, IMO. It's all about BB!
    If you don't care for the thread, please feel free to move on instead of posting here.

Edit: Let's get this thread back on topic.

Thanked by:

If this thread was on topic it would be in the BlackBerry forum

Sent from Note 2

If this thread was on topic it would be in the BlackBerry forum

Sent from Note 2
    Currently it is in Moderators hands if the thread needs to be relocated. The thread was started here as a comparison between current Note owners or future Note owners that may have been on the bubble about which device to go with.

If we receive a bombardment of requests to have it relocated then it would be considered but that isn't the case right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    The world must be full of fanboys then. A couple minutes on Google news will tell you that nearly 30 percent of people who bought a BB10 device came from iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Apparently there are features compelling enough to make people jump platforms.

Seriously dude, get over your Blackberry hate. The reviews are great and the devices are selling better than RIM could have ever dreamed. Analysts now acknowledge that more than 3 million BB10 devices will be sold (their "best possible outcome" number) far more than the 1 million, (their "what rim needs to survive" number) with many who were once skeptical saying they'll likely sell 8 million or more.

The BB10 launch has been a success, move on and find something else to nay-say.

Agreed. Everywhere I go says that sales have been strong. My friend is gonna get one and said I can try it out. Looking forward to that.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

Well i can say feom experience that the ease of use, The Hub, is ehat keeps me using my Z10 as my daiky driver. My note 2 stays at home and today is the first time since Feb 5 that I picmed it up.

I love my Note 2 but if BlackBerry can get more devs on their side I think many people will yake the olunge like I did. The only thing I miss is my Tapatalk!! Lol which is why I am here today

There is a phone for eveyones needs and peooke have to figure that out and stop all the hatred of other platforms.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    cdf3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony2255 View Post

There is a phone for eveyones needs and peooke have to figure that out and stop all the hatred of other platforms.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
    Sadly, as long as there is more than one choice in brand in any industry there will always be hatred.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Sadly, as long as there is more than one choice in brand in any industry there will always be hatred.

What is so bad about people having a personal preference? Why act like choice is terrible? You could not make me ever use a bb again if you paid me. That shouldn't annoy you

Sent from Note 2

What is so bad about people having a personal preference? Why act like choice is terrible? You could not make me ever use a bb again if you paid me. That shouldn't annoy you

Sent from Note 2
    It's not that you don't wanna use BB, it's that you go to whatever lengths you can to bash BB just cause you don't like it and for what happened in the past without even giving them a chance when they obviously did everything they could to make a great modern product.

No-one's making you use it tho.

Thanked by 2:

Past experience is a good indicator of future experience. I see no reason to leave Android. None at all

Sent from Note 2
    iReP PHiLLY likes this.

I've been a diehard BB user for as long as I can remember and have had access to BlackBerry 10 hardware since last July - but this past October Android and I made eye contact across the room - having my BlackBerry in hand, I shrugged it off and went home - the next morning I found myself at a Rogers store picking up a new S3 - when I got home I had to keep it hidden from my BlackBerry, but I was able to sneak in some S3 time before bed - so many things to explore!

Come November I switched over to Android full time - best decision I've ever made.

Now I rotate between an S3, Note 2 and Razr HD LTE.
    1812dave and iReP PHiLLY like this.

Past experience is a good indicator of future experience. I see no reason to leave Android. None at all

Sent from Note 2
    If past experience was a good indicator of future experience, Android would still hold a nominal share of the smartphone market, Macs would still be the desktop computer of choice for the masses and we would all be citizens of the Roman Empire.

jroc, TheOtherBill and rabernet like this.

Guess I'm not the only one not in love with bb. Sales estimates slashed 83%....

Sent from Note 2

Guess I'm not the only one not in love with bb. Sales estimates slashed 83%....

Sent from Note 2
    Pff. Estimates from PC and CG, the same two bit analysts who predicted first that BB10 would never launch and then later that they would extend their launch date to March-April and about 1000 other things in the tech world that never ended up happening.

For goodness sake their idea of "investigations" was to poll under 1000 people, less than 100 from outside the states (which happens to be where most Blackberry customers are) and talk to salesmen at 10 retailers, (not 10 chains, I mean they literally just went to 10 stores and asked the guys behind the counter how many Blackberries they recall selling) it's truely pathetic.

Why don't you pull post an article from some newsstand tabloid about how Obama is secretly an alien, it would be just about as credible.

There's a reason no real analysts are posting sales numbers yet. It's because nobody but Blackberry actually has any.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast