Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

SumthinNew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm biased, being a BB user for the past 7yrs (personal and work device) and still on the fence.
Maybe I haven't given the android ecosystem enough use to fully appreciate it yet, but the new BB10 OS (gestures, multitasking, cascades etc...) appears flawless.
But this damn 5.5" screen makes anything less it's size to be inferior!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha. Give up my Note 2 for that crappy new BB? Oh hell no.

My last BB was the Tour and that was the last decent phone BB ever came out with. They're like Apple: they don't keep up with the technology.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I find it funny how many people will say stuff like "too little, too late" without even trying the phone out. Plus, I never saw a completely redone OS as being "little." Will I leave? No, but I wouldn't mind at least trying one out.

Mark Morrison

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My last BB was the Tour as well. Trackball issues were the end of BB for me. Never again.

Hope it grabs some of the market though, competition is good for everyone.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
My last BB was the Tour as well. Trackball issues were the end of BB for me. Never again.

Hope it grabs some of the market though, competition is good for everyone.

Well they got rid of those a while ago and the trackpad they used afterwards was 1000000x better.

- - - Updated - - -

Blackberry sucks. Enough said
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
For people who have actually used a BB, it isn't enough said.

Mark Morrison

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well they got rid of those a while ago and the trackpad they used afterwards was 1000000x better.

- - - Updated - - -

For people who have actually used a BB, it isn't enough said.

You're right. It was of no consolation to those of us with the trackball models on a 3 year plan though! Gaffes like that will lose customers forever.

I will say that the Z10 looks really nice. And I would leave Apple for it. But I'm too attached to the Note to go back to a closed system now.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You're right. It was of no consolation to those of us with the trackball models on a 3 year plan though! Gaffes like that will lose customers forever.

I will say that the Z10 looks really nice. And I would leave Apple for it. But I'm too attached to the Note to go back to a closed system now.

Luckily I only had to suffer through it for a year before I upgraded to the Torch 9800.

Yeah, I wouldn't leave Android for one but I'd try it out. I'd leave Apple in an instant though for one of those. :p

npunk42

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Note2 a few months ago, as much as I like it I am switching to the Q10 when it comes out. Im looking forward to it.

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Ive used a blackberry and at one point had one. Their apps suck. Always have.
Theres nothing special about them anymore. BlackBerry is a has-been

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I saw the bb 10 three month ago at rim in Ottawa. All the senior management staff were given one. A friend of mine that works there showed it to me. I wasnt that impressed by it. Sure its a step in the right direction and has a few bells and whistles. But it can't compete with the note 2 or the s3. Apples and oranges.

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I know it's going to make a few of you laugh until you pee yourselves but how many of you are given up your Note 2 for blackberry 10?

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

Are you serious? The new BB is YEARS behind. its going to have little to no app support. They are JUST now upgrading to tech android was using 3 years ago

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I think it competes with 2012's mid-range offerings nicely even beating many of them.

However, I don't think anyone expected RIM to beat the "flagships" like:
-Nexus 4
-Galaxy S3/Note 2
-Optimus G
-Xperia Ion
-Droid DNA
-Razr Maxx HD
-Lumia 920
They've never been "bleeding edge" but for BlackBerry Users that still haven't upgraded to a high-end Android it's still a huge step up.

They seem to be aiming at the mid-range Users which is probably the majority of consumers. Not everyone buys devices every few months like us.

That said, I do still plan to get one though definitely won't make it my daily driver.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Note2 a few months ago, as much as I like it I am switching to the Q10 when it comes out. Im looking forward to it.

what's your main reason for switching? the keyboard I assume? If this had came out early last year i'd probably have it too, but I would have a hard time giving up the extra real estate after getting used to the Note