Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

mmgquiet

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
From iPhone to note 2.. That what I did.. NEVER gonna use BB.. I just HATE it.. And whatsapp replaces anything like BBM
So you went from an iPhone to Note 2, you NEVER owned a BB and you're "NEVER gonna use BB" (your words) but yet you know you HATE it?
Sorry but let's keep the fanboyism to a minimum please. Try to have an open mind about a totally new product that's about to be introduced.

jiwengang

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to understand a single thing I mentioned. Those details are the backbones of a great future trend. You dont need to know or care. You just need to follow :)

Sorry above is to address dear dave1812 's reply.

Sent from Verizon Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

jiwengang

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
http://www.zdnet.com/blackberry-10-...-os-that-really-counts-7000010650/?s_cid=e539

This article from ZDNet is great. Read it if you care

I am not a blackberry fanboy. I have 4 android devices with different form factors and I published 2 android apps. I happened to own a blackberry 9930 because of work (yes big money spending corporations are still with blackberry and all managing partners love it , no matter you like it or not)

And I own blackberry alpha device with OS 10 due to their effort to port my apps to blackberry appworld

Both devices 9930 and bb10 make me very happy. Are they as good as Note 2 now? Of course not. But neither was android phone versus iphone 3 years ago and look at android now. In tech space , sky is the limit and closed mind using static view of the world will only let you become a follower, not leader. Well many people are comfortable being a follower. Just dont try to bash great things simply because you enjoying following and not able to see the potential.
Google QNX and cars and read a few :)

Sent from Verizon Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Some popular apps were made by rim rather than the original vendors. Dropbox is but one example. Not a good sign

Sent from Note 2

drogers81

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not leaving Android but will definitely be getting a new BB10 device. I've always really like BlackBerry.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Right because liking something that works without me HAVING to tinker with it means I hate customizing things. I guess me rooting my photon q and flashing roms means I hate android. Or maybe I think when you ship a product out it should work as intended without me having to do anything to it. Not to mention you can do almost all the things you can do to android on BB and they won't try to stop you so your post is ed.

- - - Updated - - -

And seriously what part of abuse don't you understand......iphones break when you sneeze near them lol

If you can't get an Android to work without "tinkering" with it, then you have bigger problems than anyone here can help you with.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Please, feel free to mention their market share in England or Indonesia, where they are the number 1 most popular smartphone.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

The UK represents England. But you make a good point. If they are big in Indonesia, that's definitely the pinnacle of success. What company hasn't started out saying: "Our mission is to dominate the Indonesian Market!"

And even in Indonesia, their market share is 37%. Down from 43% in 2011. So they can't even DOMINATE the country that is their "bright spot". Maybe BB10 will increase that, maybe it won't. Time will tell.

As a side note, i bet this English boy doesn't love BlackBerry: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/blackberry-explosion-schoolboy-scarred-for-life-1472268

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Some popular apps were made by rim rather than the original vendors. Dropbox is but one example. Not a good sign

Sent from Note 2

IIRC correctly they didn't make the apps for them, they provided them specialized tools not available to any other devs to port the app over.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

MrsD.

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm really trying to like my S3. I knew there would be a learning curve, but I find this phone isn't intuitive like my blackberry. I hated the Web experience and lack of apps on bb, but communication with the S3 is confusing most of the time and the battery is dead mid-way through the day. I give this phone until July when I'm due an upgrade. If it's still giving me fits, Q10 here I come. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Note 2 so I'm not planning on going anywhere yet. I've never tried a BB phone, but would definitely like to give it a try someday if the OS/UI looks good. I really like the all gesture thing that BB is going for. Although Google is starting to implement more gestures into Android. I dig the swiping up to get Google now for the N4, side swipe in Chrome to change tabs and etc.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm really trying to like my S3. I knew there would be a learning curve, but I find this phone isn't intuitive like my blackberry. I hated the Web experience and lack of apps on bb, but communication with the S3 is confusing most of the time and the battery is dead mid-way through the day. I give this phone until July when I'm due an upgrade. If it's still giving me fits, Q10 here I come. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Hopefully they fix the battery life issues before you get yours. Life on the Z10 has been underwhelming for most reviewers.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully they fix the battery life issues before you get yours. Life on the Z10 has been underwhelming for most reviewers.

That's funny, the new York times and and several others reported that the Z10 got slightly better battery life than the Galaxy SIII.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's funny, the new York times and and several others reported that the Z10 got slightly better battery life than the Galaxy SIII.

Which is still not great in the land of blackberry. And if you read what I was responding to, doesn't bode well for that poster either.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone looked at the specs of the Z10? It is not comparable to the Note 2 at all. Spec-for-spec, it could be stood beside the Skyrocket, which is over a year old. "Blackberry" (I guess RIM has changed their name now?) is just THAT late to the party. And what was keeping people with them (the physical QWERTY keyboard), the Z10 is lacking...

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone looked at the specs of the Z10? It is not comparable to the Note 2 at all. Spec-for-spec, it could be stood beside the Skyrocket, which is over a year old. "Blackberry" (I guess RIM has changed their name now?) is just THAT late to the party. And what was keeping people with them (the physical QWERTY keyboard), the Z10 is lacking...

No, its comparable to the S3, not S2.