Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 461
Like Tree260Likes
  1. #251  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,622 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,668 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    And it all came down to this....
  2. #252  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    ^^^^ lmao

    Shot from my G Note 2!
    Last edited by iReP PHiLLY; 02-24-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    Johnly likes this.
  3. #253  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    truly awesome!
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
    Johnly likes this.
  4. #254  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    And it all came down to this....
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5823782/Edit%5B1%5D.jpg
    I don't see any windows phone there

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    Johnly and gnr_2 like this.
  5. #255  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    The windows phone skipped class due to embarrassment at its poor sales

    Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
    jon4400 likes this.
  6. #256  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,622 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,668 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    I don't see any windows phone there

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    they make phones and OS's on them? Well damn.
  7. #257  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    It wasn't a matter of competition but many entrepreneurs don't make good managers. They are great at the beginning but not the follow though. The two owners of RIM were too busy with other things. One bought a basketball team, or a baseball team. Cant remember which it was but they also were notorious for not firing anyone and having a great work atmosphere which is wonderful for employees but it doesn't bode well for a company in the long run. They should have stepped aside a lot sooner and brought in new blood, long before they did. I wish them nothing but the utmost success and really hope they can be a viable company once again but then, I am from Toronto and as they are a Canadian company, its only natural I wish to see them do well. BTW, they have legally changed their name from RIM to just Blackberry
  8. #258  
    MilnerR's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Had a Bold 9900 for the last year and liked a lot of the features, including the hardware keyboard which was fantastic. My original plan was to upgrade to a BB10 device and when the Z10 came out here in the UK at the end of Jan I went down to my local O2 shop with the intention of parting with 480! I had a good play with the Z10 and found it very nice, but a little underwhelming, it had all the features of a reasonably modern smart phone but lacked anything special.
    I then started to consider the lack of apps, or the number of important apps that were promised some time soon and decided the the Z10 and the BB ecosystem didn't quite cut it. I still spent 480 but it was on a Note 2 rather than a Z10. The experience so far has been amazing, there is very little that the Note 2 can't do. I'll be keeping an eye on Blackberry products but I can't see myself going back. I still have a playbook that will get BB10, so at least I can have a play with BB's new OS.

    It's a shame, I really like the Blackberry brand, they just seem intent on self destruction.
    1812dave likes this.
  9. #259  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Awesome. A voice of reason.

    Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
  10. #260  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by MilnerR View Post
    Had a Bold 9900 for the last year and liked a lot of the features, including the hardware keyboard which was fantastic. My original plan was to upgrade to a BB10 device and when the Z10 came out here in the UK at the end of Jan I went down to my local O2 shop with the intention of parting with 480! I had a good play with the Z10 and found it very nice, but a little underwhelming, it had all the features of a reasonably modern smart phone but lacked anything special.
    I then started to consider the lack of apps, or the number of important apps that were promised some time soon and decided the the Z10 and the BB ecosystem didn't quite cut it. I still spent 480 but it was on a Note 2 rather than a Z10. The experience so far has been amazing, there is very little that the Note 2 can't do. I'll be keeping an eye on Blackberry products but I can't see myself going back. I still have a playbook that will get BB10, so at least I can have a play with BB's new OS.

    It's a shame, I really like the Blackberry brand, they just seem intent on self destruction.
    I dunno. I like my Z10 and my Android phones for different reasons. The Z10 is more efficient for communication. Unified hub for all communications, excellent gesture based UI and outstanding keyboard. I've yet to find an app that I use on daily basis that isn't available for the Z10.

    Currently swapping between my N4, One X and Z10.

    They are all fantastic phones.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
  11. #261  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    Awesome. A voice of reason.

    Sent from Note 2
    You really are desperately clutching for support, aren't you?



    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?-uploadfromtaptalk1361825088703.jpg  
  12. #262  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    I dunno. I like my Z10 and my Android phones for different reasons. The Z10 is more efficient for communication. Unified hub for all communications, excellent gesture based UI and outstanding keyboard. I've yet to find an app that I use on daily basis that isn't available for the Z10.

    Currently swapping between my N4, One X and Z10.

    They are all fantastic phones.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    While you might not feel there are a lack of apps the average person does with respect to BlackBerry. That was always a bone of contention for me when I had a blackberry and of course it was the constant refrain of many other people


    I'm not saying that NO ONE will buy a forthcoming BB. What I am saying is that BB will never recover it's preeminence in the smartphone field. Their ship has sailed, thanks to the mismanagement of the former co-CEO's.
    Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
    zmann likes this.
  13. #263  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    I had a blackberry pearl and a blackberry torch a few years ago and I must say I loved them both but I wouldn't leave my note 2 to go back to them unless maybe they had a phone with a 5" screen

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  14. #264  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
  15. #265  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    While you might not feel there are a lack of apps the average person does with respect to BlackBerry. That was always a bone of contention for me when I had a blackberry and of course it was the constant refrain of many other people


    I'm not saying that NO ONE will buy a forthcoming BB. What I am saying is that BB will never recover it's preeminence in the smartphone field. Their ship has sailed, thanks to the mismanagement of the former co-CEO's.
    Sent from Note 2
    Apparently the "average" person doesn't, seeing as the average person will use their phone to text, email, surf the web, listen to music and post on twitter and Facebook. There are only a few semi-major apps missing and all of those (Netflix, instragram etc.) will be on bb10 in less than a month.

    And please, stop trying to compare app selection on old Blackberries to BB10. It's a completely different platform and can easily port android apps.

    We get that you didn't like your old Blackberry. We know you're unable to comprehend that things change. Please just move on. Desperately ragging on a device lauded by reviewers, that you've never used yourself, simply because you had a crappy Storm back in the day and it's getting kinda tiresome.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
  16. #266  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    What, a security app, that's phone based rather than server based, has no history of use and no approval from any government or independent security agencies with a bonus of not even being available until the end of Q2?

    LOL, man, have fun with your continued hunt through Google News, fervently grasping at anything that even resembles a straw.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
  17. #267  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Keep in mind, when Android first came to the public with G1. Android don't have that much selection of apps. I still remember it was less than 50 in Android Market (currently Google Play) on release day. And now look what happen, more than 700,000 apps in Google Play now. It amazing how far Android have come. BB might be more successful because they have more experience with mobile than Google did with G1. Their big pro is their enterprise support.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2
  18. #268  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    What, a security app, that's phone based rather than server based, has no history of use and no approval from any government or independent security agencies with a bonus of not even being available until the end of Q2?

    LOL, man, have fun with your continued hunt through Google News, fervently grasping at anything that even resembles a straw.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    I'm not hunting using Google

    Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
  19. #269  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Tee hee

    Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
  20. #270  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    I'm not hunting using Google

    Sent from Note 2
    Ah, an inferior service then.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
  21. #271  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    I hope BB can do better as well. My husband, who cares nothing about glitz and only about function, returned a BB tablet that we only paid $99 for at a Black Friday sale, because it wouldn't sync his email without his Blackberry being tethered. For a company where it was "all about the email", that was pretty stupid.

    Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
  22. #272  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    I hope BB can do better as well. My husband, who cares nothing about glitz and only about function, returned a BB tablet that we only paid $99 for at a Black Friday sale, because it wouldn't sync his email without his Blackberry being tethered. For a company where it was "all about the email", that was pretty stupid.

    Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    Yeah, the playbook seemed half baked to me.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
  23. #273  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    Ah, an inferior service then.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    I meant I didn't search out the story...

    Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
  24. #274  

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    I meant I didn't search out the story...

    Sent from Note 2
    Sure, bro, sure.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
  25. #275  
    MilnerR's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

    Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

    I really like BlackBerry products, I've got two PlayBooks (a 16GB and 64GB) which I use on a regular basis. I really wanted a Z10 and I came very close to getting one, if it had been 350 instead of 480 then I wouldn't be posting in the Android forums I'd still be on CrackBerry (I still am just not as much). The Z10 is a lovely phone and I can't fault anyone who has opted for it. It just wasn't quite special enough for me to part with my money. The other issue is the way Blackberry manage their customers expectations also which frustrated me. On the playbook we waited for months for OS updates to add a bit of functionality that should have been there in the first place. I feared that BB10 would be dogged by similar issues i.e. apps promised "sometime soon" bugs and other functionality fixes promised "sometime soon." I didn't fancy spending nearly 500 on a phone and then spend a year waiting for the promised land in terms of functionality. I don't regret getting a Note 2 (yet to find something it won't do) but I was afraid that I would regret getting a Z10 after the initial new-toy novelty wore off. Maybe I've been unfair to Blackberry and Z10 in which case, I apologise.
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who's saving their upgrades for the Sprint LTE phones?
    By carraser891 in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 08:44 AM
  2. Looking for the new 2.2 apk for exchange widget on the droid incredible
    By tigerchant in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 09:43 AM
  3. Leave your Droid for the new iPhone?
    By kristian19 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 07:11 AM
  4. pre users leaving for the evo
    By franky_402 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 06:04 PM
  5. Apps for the new guy
    By Csmooove23 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 11:04 AM

Posting Permissions