Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Default Re: Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

My last BB was the Tour as well. Trackball issues were the end of BB for me. Never again.

Hope it grabs some of the market though, competition is good for everyone.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums
    OC Nut likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Morrison View Post
    My last BB was the Tour as well. Trackball issues were the end of BB for me. Never again.

Hope it grabs some of the market though, competition is good for everyone.

Well they got rid of those a while ago and the trackpad they used afterwards was 1000000x better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markbencze View Post
    Blackberry sucks. Enough said
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    For people who have actually used a BB, it isn't enough said.
    Thanked by 2:
    petaf, wanzik and MERCDROID like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Well they got rid of those a while ago and the trackpad they used afterwards was 1000000x better.

- - - Updated - - -

For people who have actually used a BB, it isn't enough said.
    You're right. It was of no consolation to those of us with the trackball models on a 3 year plan though! Gaffes like that will lose customers forever.

I will say that the Z10 looks really nice. And I would leave Apple for it. But I'm too attached to the Note to go back to a closed system now.

Never

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Morrison View Post
    You're right. It was of no consolation to those of us with the trackball models on a 3 year plan though! Gaffes like that will lose customers forever.

I will say that the Z10 looks really nice. And I would leave Apple for it. But I'm too attached to the Note to go back to a closed system now.

Luckily I only had to suffer through it for a year before I upgraded to the Torch 9800.

Yeah, I wouldn't leave Android for one but I'd try it out. I'd leave Apple in an instant though for one of those. :P
    wanzik likes this.

Have any of you claiming you want a bb read the reviews?????

Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2
    The Hustleman likes this.

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

I just got a Note2 a few months ago, as much as I like it I am switching to the Q10 when it comes out. Im looking forward to it.

Ive used a blackberry and at one point had one. Their apps suck. Always have.
    Theres nothing special about them anymore. BlackBerry is a has-been

1812dave and karsdroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by npunk42 View Post
    I just got a Note2 a few months ago, as much as I like it I am switching to the Q10 when it comes out. Im looking forward to it.
    So I take it you don't believe the reviews

Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2

I saw the bb 10 three month ago at rim in Ottawa. All the senior management staff were given one. A friend of mine that works there showed it to me. I wasnt that impressed by it. Sure its a step in the right direction and has a few bells and whistles. But it can't compete with the note 2 or the s3. Apples and oranges.
    Lanhoj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roustermiller View Post
    I know it's going to make a few of you laugh until you pee yourselves but how many of you are given up your Note 2 for blackberry 10?

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2
    Are you serious? The new BB is YEARS behind. its going to have little to no app support. They are JUST now upgrading to tech android was using 3 years ago

I think it competes with 2012's mid-range offerings nicely even beating many of them.

However, I don't think anyone expected RIM to beat the "flagships" like:
    -Nexus 4
    -Galaxy S3/Note 2
    -Optimus G
    -Xperia Ion
    -Droid DNA
    -Razr Maxx HD
    -Lumia 920
    They've never been "bleeding edge" but for BlackBerry Users that still haven't upgraded to a high-end Android it's still a huge step up.

They seem to be aiming at the mid-range Users which is probably the majority of consumers. Not everyone buys devices every few months like us.

That said, I do still plan to get one though definitely won't make it my daily driver.
    Wildo6882, wanzik and MERCDROID like this.

It doesn't even have Netflix or Pandora yet

Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2
    The Hustleman likes this.

The BB10 is going to be a flop.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    1812dave and karsdroid like this.

what's your main reason for switching? the keyboard I assume? If this had came out early last year i'd probably have it too, but I would have a hard time giving up the extra real estate after getting used to the Note
    pred_03 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I wont go back to a BB again ever .My last/only BB was an 8330 curve.
    I still have it in my sock drawer if anyone is interested
    1812dave likes this.

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

Look, I don't want to get on the wrong side of android users. The question was who will be switching to BB10. Not who thinks BB10 is better than android. Personally speaking for myself, I prefer the Blackberry. If the Q10 is a better Blackberry, then I look forward to trying it. It might be better, maybe not. Reviews and first impressions don't influence my preferences. I like the Note2 and will enjoy using it till the Q10 comes to the USA. I look forward to it. No big deal, just being honest. My phone is in my pocket most of the time, I don't care about the huge screen, I don't type well on a touch screen, I don't need the promise of a bazillion apps, Im not a gamer. Please don't take offense with me, I didn't ask the question.
    Thanked by:
    wanzik, codeda, MERCDROID and 2 others like this.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Not me I'm a droid junkie.I like the way it looks but for more droid all the way.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

I would have considered getting the new Blackberry devices if they were released about 2 years ago. Had Blackberry phones prior to Android. No signs of going back no time soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

No. BB stock even took a hit after the intro of the new 10 series. Poor stock showing = less $ = slower, less innovative development = less support = dead company unless swallowed up by one of its competitors....

A simplified theory. Oh, I'll reiterate my answer to the thread title..... No

Sgt Jiggy "SG Note II"
    karsdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

Don't think I'll ever leave android 100%, but that Q10 hardware is great.

WTH is with all the bezel on the Z10?
    wanzik likes this.
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Look, I don't want to get on the wrong side of android users. The question was who will be switching to BB10. Not who thinks BB10 is better than android. Personally speaking for myself, I prefer the Blackberry. If the Q10 is a better Blackberry, then I look forward to trying it. It might be better, maybe not. Reviews and first impressions don't influence my preferences. I like the Note2 and will enjoy using it till the Q10 comes to the USA. I look forward to it. No big deal, just being honest. My phone is in my pocket most of the time, I don't care about the huge screen, I don't type well on a touch screen, I don't need the promise of a bazillion apps, Im not a gamer. Please don't take offense with me, I didn't ask the question.
    I will NOT be switching to the BB10. However, I do agree with this poster that the question wasn't which phone is better, but rather "Who's leaving for the new Blackberry phones?" Based on Npunk42's response it even sounds like the presence of a physical keyboard is important to their need(s)?

For me personally, I will not be leaving the Note 2 for any phone (Blackberry included), until an OEM can make a phone that uses Wacom technology. The S-pen is such an important part of my daily use that I could never use another phone without handwriting capability. In fact, I have the Note 10.1 and the two work great as companion devices.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I get the feeling after like a month of owning bb10 most people will get bored with it. It doesn't have enough features to keep the hunger for more at bay like how the Note 2 dose

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2
    1812dave and DAS like this.

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

i would only get the q10 to balance out my big phone issues. about once a week I want to use a smaller phone, mostly while in class. I am the unfortunate owner of a 64GB Playbook (dad got an iPad, i got the Playbook, which isn't bad if all you are doing is emailing on it)so if that gets updated then I will know for sure if I want the q10. If not then Ill pick up the Galaxy s3 mini or Galaxy express, those might do the trick.

im a big bb fan, evo 4g lte was my first droid phone, id have jumped back to a bb in a heart beat if it wasnt for getting a note2, now, theres a better chance of giving up my beer b4 i give up my note2. lol. my note2 amazes me even more today than when i first got it a month ago and its not even rooted. no phone has ever done that b4
    DAS and MERCDROID like this.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast