Anyone use Firefox browser and sync on their note2?

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
So.... I installed the browser, set up synch from my ff browser on pc, along with same on my phone and it synced.... Now what? Appears to do nothing.... I was under the impression all the bookmarks etc from my pc would be viewable from my browser on the phone. Any experts here?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

anon(557159)

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I just setup sync minutes ago. All my book marks are now on my note, but they are all in one giant list. No folders. This does me no good. How do i find one link in several hundred?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm wish I could get at least that lol. How do you even get to the list of your bookmarks?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I have my firefox on laptop and sync it with My Note 2 works fine. All my files ended up under desktop bookmarks but under that I have a bookmarks toolbar with lots of folders with bookmarks in them.

You may have your sync setup to replace your synced bookmarks with your Note 2 bookmarks and then if you run sync on your home computer you could loose them. I suggest you backup your computer bookmarks to a file and then reset your sync for your computer to overwrite your cloud bookmarks and then try again to sync your Note 2.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine. I use Firefox as my main browser both on desktop and Android. My bookmarks just appear under Desktop Bookmarks which doesn't bug me at all.

JLondon

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I wish my HTC Evo Shift with Firefox 18.0.2 would sync with my desktop. Setup seems to have been successful, but I can't find any "Desktop Bookmarks". Sync works OK from my desktop to my remote PC without a problem. Paired my HTC with the sync code and said successful and working in the background (or something like that). Any assistance or advise is appreciated.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I wish my HTC Evo Shift with Firefox 18.0.2 would sync with my desktop. Setup seems to have been successful, but I can't find any "Desktop Bookmarks". Sync works OK from my desktop to my remote PC without a problem. Paired my HTC with the sync code and said successful and working in the background (or something like that). Any assistance or advise is appreciated.

did any of your bookmark get synced over?

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
In Firefox 19.0 you have to tap on the number at the top of the screen like you want to create a new tab and then click on the + sign to add a new tab. then you will see tabs for tops sites, bookmarks and history. tap on bookmarks and the tab should have desktop bookmarks as the first folder open it and others as needed to get to your bookmarks. I don't remember 18.0.2 was the same but the update to 19 is well worth doing.