TMOBILE OWNERS Please help...email syncing issues

StephenAaron

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I need a little help with email syncing. When I look under settings> email, it lists my accounts but says sync disabled. It says that for my Gmail account as well as my dropbox account. However, I can't figure out how to enable syncing for any of these accounts. The preferences for each account have been set with specific peak and off-peak schedules but it doesn't seem to matter... What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks

Last edited:

S T Hye

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: sync issues

Drop Down your notifications and make sure sync is active. I.e. Green light is on.

Tap-u-talkin from my Note Deuce

StephenAaron

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for replying...I know this is going to make me look stupid, but I don't see anything about notifications anywhere. Not under settings, not in my pull down notification bar... nowhere. I am on a stock tmobile note 2 if that matters.

Drop Down your notifications and make sure sync is active. I.e. Green light is on.

Tap-u-talkin from my Note Deuce

StephenAaron

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
These are the only options on my pull down menu...

Attachments

• 2013-02-01-18-52-52.png
    2013-02-01-18-52-52.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 2013-02-01-18-52-40.png
    2013-02-01-18-52-40.png
    237.1 KB · Views: 25

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: please help...email syncing issues

I have the same problem. I would just refresh when I go into my email account to get any new emails.

Also the Sync function on the drop down notification was replaced by Multi Window after the recent Update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Sync in the notification menu is not the same thing as email sync.

Email sync is specifically in the setting for your email client. Go to your client whether it is gmail or stock email app. Hit the menu button on the lower left of the phone and then hit settings. Choose the email address you wish to change and then scroll down to where settings are for sync here is a pic of what that looks like.

e6u8uheh.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

glaustin

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

Hi Stephen. Just in case you don't see my thread, I found the answer!

Go into notifications. Look along the the main notification icons at the top (WiFi, GPS, Sound, Bluetooth, etc). At the very end of that line of icons there is an icon called "sync". tap on that to open it and voila. Your emails will start auto syncing (providing you've checked the sync box in the email client itself...) Don't know why they don't make that plain when you set up your email client...

StephenAaron

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Hey glaustin, thanks for helping out... Unfortunately, as dodong27 pointed out above... That 'sync' option was replaced with our multi Window option on tmobile versions. So, im gonna need to amend the title to make it tmobile specific. Thanks though. Also, itsaraid, that 'sync all' option just syncs the accounts once. Both email accounts say sync disabled right above that Unfortunately.

glaustin

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

That's a shame. On my EE phone it's syncing and alarming as it ought to now. I know how irritating it is when these things don't do what they should and I hope you find the T-mobile answer; have you spoken with T-Mobile to ask where they've put the main sync option?

StephenAaron

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't spoken with them yet... That might be my next step...I put a thread specifically in the tmo note 2 forum so I'll see if that gets any answers... Thanks for helping though!

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
are you using the stock email app? or using the Gmail app? for your gmail email?

because if you're using gmail wouldn't it be Settings > Accounts> Google ?

that's where mine is, and my Dropbox says Sync disabled too, but it still works just fine

StephenAaron

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am using the stock email app for my email accounts. I don't really use my Gmail for anything right now but it has the same 'problem'. I've attached a screenshot to hopefully more clearly show what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 2013-02-11-05-57-18.png
    2013-02-11-05-57-18.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 2

StephenAaron

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Weird, thanks anyway... It definitely had to do with the tmobile update that gave us multi-Window and removed the sync option. It is just hidden somewhere now and I don't know where.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes