Battery Life..

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone..

This question might have been already asked hundreds of times..

My battery seems to be different to all of you..
It only stays like 8 hours of phone using (social apps, whatsapp, some videos and some games)
It gets from 100 to 15 in 8 hours of using

That's was on stock ROM..

Now I'm using CyanogenMod 10.1 which significally should make my battery life better since its very light and really don't have any of those useless features in stock ROM..

My display has the most consumption of the battery of like 70% of the battery. And my brightness is usually 20%
Note: sync, NFC, GPS, Bluetooth is usually off..
And I'm using 2G the whole day.. Also note that WiFi is always on.

So what's wrong? This badass phone that has 3100 mAh only holding for 8 hours? My stupid iPhone holds longer than it :(

What do you think guys?

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I have already tried that but my battery still drain sp fast

Five minutes of use drain 1%

And i only bought my phone like 1 month ago

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have already tried that but my battery still drain sp fast

Five minutes of use drain 1%

And i only bought my phone like 1 month ago

You mentioned you are on 2G all day, what is your signal like?

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone..

This question might have been already asked hundreds of times..

My battery seems to be different to all of you..
It only stays like 8 hours of phone using (social apps, whatsapp, some videos and some games)
It gets from 100 to 15 in 8 hours of using

That's was on stock ROM..

Now I'm using CyanogenMod 10.1 which significally should make my battery life better since its very light and really don't have any of those useless features in stock ROM..

My display has the most consumption of the battery of like 70% of the battery. And my brightness is usually 20%
Note: sync, NFC, GPS, Bluetooth is usually off..
And I'm using 2G the whole day.. Also note that WiFi is always on.

So what's wrong? This badass phone that has 3100 mAh only holding for 8 hours? My stupid iPhone holds longer than it :(

What do you think guys?
Are you on ATT?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Post pics of your battery graphs both of them. Also since you are rooted grab betterbatterystats from xda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Betterbatterystats is useless on note 2.. Non of its functions work..

Having an 8 hours of "display" (from 100% to 1%) is good?

(While being on 2G network full bars, sync , GPS, NFC, etc.. Are off)

Last edited:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
8 hours of display on time is great. Most of the battery specs you see on here thst are 24 hours or more are 5-6 hours of screen time with lots of stand by and other actions taking place. My ipad 2 battery last 10 hours of screen on time and a week of standby

Sent via Tapatalk

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Betterbatterystats is useless on note 2.. Non of its functions work..

Having an 8 hours of "display" (from 100% to 1%) is good?

(While being on 2G network full bars, sync , GPS, NFC, etc.. Are off)

How is it useless it works when you set it up correctly. I call user error all it is is a monitor.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I just checked I've personally seen dumps from note 2's so its definitely user error. Figure out what you're doing and post those battery graphs like I asked also trust me I'm no noob I've built ROMs this isn't my first rodeo with battery complaints son.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I just checked I've personally seen dumps from note 2's so its definitely user error. Figure out what you're doing and post those battery graphs like I asked also trust me I'm no noob I've built ROMs this isn't my first rodeo with battery complaints son.

I would like your input please.Prior to the AT&T 4.1.2 update I had fabulous battery time and no issues. 2 nights prior to the 4.1.2 update in the evening I noticed red and gray arrows in the upper left netx to the att icon I opened the notification window and it stated " Connecting to DNR Server ". Samsung stated that ATT did a unannounced maintenace update prior to the 4.1.2 update.
Since the update my batter performance changed substantially. The other thing I noticed is there are substaially more items in manage apps running post update than prior.
Prior to the update, nothing was disabled, wifi was on all the time , it wS almost too good to believe (batt times)
It seems to me it has to be what was changed (something), running in the background, browser, something is sucking juice.
I have every Att app disabled except hot spots. I am also looking for a explanation to the h8story graphs in batt. The colors and hash marks on the network measurements and their meaning.
Thank you

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I would like your input please.Prior to the AT&T 4.1.2 update I had fabulous battery time and no issues. 2 nights prior to the 4.1.2 update in the evening I noticed red and gray arrows in the upper left netx to the att icon I opened the notification window and it stated " Connecting to DNR Server ". Samsung stated that ATT did a unannounced maintenace update prior to the 4.1.2 update.
Since the update my batter performance changed substantially. The other thing I noticed is there are substaially more items in manage apps running post update than prior.
Prior to the update, nothing was disabled, wifi was on all the time , it wS almost too good to believe (batt times)
It seems to me it has to be what was changed (something), running in the background, browser, something is sucking juice.
I have every Att app disabled except hot spots. I am also looking for a explanation to the h8story graphs in batt. The colors and hash marks on the network measurements and their meaning.
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-08-22-10-27.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-08-22-10-27.png
    148 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_2013-01-31-23-32-30.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-31-23-32-30.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 49

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I need the other graph too. Touch that little graph up top and screenshot those results.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
If wifi is on...then there should be NO network signal on correct? I am guessing that its the wifi maintence att did that caused this.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
You have wakelocks for one so some app is pulling your phone out of deep sleep during idle times causing higher than acceptable idle battery drain.

As for signal I think that graph uses those colors as a means to determine strength of the signal because even when you're on WiFi you are still on the network just not for data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1