How do I stop my emails being auto deleted?

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

I am using the stock email app and my emails seem to get deleted without me deleting them! how do Istop that I have looked in the email settings but I can't seem to find the setting for this, any ideas?

Thanks

gldnbear

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I never found the setting to do that either. You may want to try AquaMail. It not only keeps all your emails until you decide to delete them, it gives you the ability to select all emails in a folder. This is very handy when you are emptying your emails from the Deleted folder.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I never found the setting to do that either. You may want to try AquaMail. It not only keeps all your emails until you decide to delete them, it gives you the ability to select all emails in a folder. This is very handy when you are emptying your emails from the Deleted folder.

I will have a look as I have yet to buy a single app as for me all the stock stuff is fine to use!

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
That weird. Is it set up as pop3 or imap? I remember somewhere that if it being send to the device, it will auto delete based on the email account setting. So take a look on your email account setting, not the phone email setting

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

grumpyjoe

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I used AquaMail for a long time. Very good Email app. But... then i found "Windroid". I like it so much more. The developers get back to you with any questions within sometimes minutes. Take too long to explain all the benifits this Email app has over others. You just need to try it for at least one week.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks I will give it a go :)

Andy

I used AquaMail for a long time. Very good Email app. But... then i found "Windroid". I like it so much more. The developers get back to you with any questions within sometimes minutes. Take too long to explain all the benifits this Email app has over others. You just need to try it for at least one week.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I think thats the sync setting. Are you also checking email on your computer? If you delete them on your pc and then it syncs it will delete them from your phone as well.

Sent via Tapatalk

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi jdub

thanks for the reply but I have no idea how to sync the note and my PC I wish I could do all that sort of stuff I don't even have a gmail account!

I think thats the sync setting. Are you also checking email on your computer? If you delete them on your pc and then it syncs it will delete them from your phone as well.

Sent via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Its not that sorta sync. Its a setting from within the phone. You go to your email cliebt and push the menu button. There should be an option for email settings. Like option to push email or do it manually. There is also an option to sync email from the email server. If you check email from multiple places such as work or home pc's then when it syncs it makes your pc email client and your phone email client the same.

Sent via Tapatalk

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
jdub thanks for that if only I could understand it :)

I can't find email client or the push menu button....I know I know I am a lost cause I am just not great with finding settings etc :)

Its not that sorta sync. Its a setting from within the phone. You go to your email cliebt and push the menu button. There should be an option for email settings. Like option to push email or do it manually. There is also an option to sync email from the email server. If you check email from multiple places such as work or home pc's then when it syncs it makes your pc email client and your phone email client the same.

Sent via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You really need to go get the users manual. The settings button is the button to the left of the home button. Alnost every app or screen you gointo on this phone uses the menu/settings button.

Sent via Tapatalk

Trodecke

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
By saying your emails are getting deleted are you perhaps referring to the older emails not showing up on your phone? They would be the ones at the bottom of the list. If so, they're not really deleted. They're just not stored on your phone any longer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, the biggest beast on the block.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
By saying your emails are getting deleted are you perhaps referring to the older emails not showing up on your phone? They would be the ones at the bottom of the list. If so, they're not really deleted. They're just not stored on your phone any longer.

Exactly... you can still see these emails from a pc client.

Sent via Tapatalk

Trodecke

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Exactly... you can still see these emails from a pc client.

Kewlness, then they're not being deleted, they're just not being synced to your phone. To change the sync settings, open your email then press the menu button (bottom left corner of your phone, looks like two horizontal lines with a half a box around them). That will bring up a menu. From that menu press Settings. From the next menu, touch on the email account you want to change. That will bring up another menu where about half way down will be a setting where you can set how many/weeks you want to sync email. This controls how long the email remains on your phone.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Trodecke

thanks for that I went into those settings but when I clicked on my email account I couldn't see the option where you can set it to how many weeks it keeps them, is it staring me in the face?

Andy

Kewlness, then they're not being deleted, they're just not being synced to your phone. To change the sync settings, open your email then press the menu button (bottom left corner of your phone, looks like two horizontal lines with a half a box around them). That will bring up a menu. From that menu press Settings. From the next menu, touch on the email account you want to change. That will bring up another menu where about half way down will be a setting where you can set how many/weeks you want to sync email. This controls how long the email remains on your phone.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I use gmail and hotmail and both have completely different menus. I guess it really is determined by how the email client work for you.

Which email do you have? Yahoo, msn/hotmail, gmail?

Sent via Tapatalk

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys

I am using the stock email app and my emails seem to get deleted without me deleting them! how do Istop that I have looked in the email settings but I can't seem to find the setting for this, any ideas?

Thanks
First, you have to set up your Android email so that it does not delete the message on your server when you read the message on your phone. Some default email application setups actually delete the email on the server.

Second, both the standard Android email app and K-9 Mail do not retain the email on the phone for very long - not sure what the trigger is for removing an email from the inbox, but mine never stay readable for more than a day or so. Neither app has a setting that allows the email to remain visible for longer.

Third, I'm not sure how you can even have a GN2 without having a Gmail account. My carrier (Verizon) requires me to have one. If you do have Gmail, you can see your emails for as long as you like. You can set up Gmail to poll your other accounts so that all your emails appear in Gmail. You can then delete them from your phone if and when you like.

Trodecke

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Which email do you have? Yahoo, msn/hotmail, gmail?

Sent via Tapatalk

I have Hotmail but setup as an Exchange client (ie push email). I use the native Gmail client for Gmail.

JJallsite

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I found this thread thismorning. This has been going on with my S4 since day one. I am not shore how to fix it but I know what is happening thanks to my wife.
My phone is setup to recieve the same emails that get sent to my Outlook account on my laptop. Thismorning we sent myself an email which apeared on my phone, opened it, refreshed it, closed it exited out ect. Nothing we could do would make it go away.
Then! We turned on my laptop, opened outlook and it automatically brought in my email. The next time I checked my phone, the email was gone.
Did it over and over. Same result.
So your email remains on your phone up until Outlook brings your email in and then the next time your phone is refreshed your email will be gone from your phone.
I have no idea what to do about this? But am wondering if the people that are having this problem are all using Outlook on there PC? If so then its probably an Outlook problem. If we are using multiple email software packages then its a problem with the S4.
Jeff

jhubensc

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Here's a technique for saving POP server emails: Open the email, click menu key (lower left corner), click "save email", confirm or rename title, click OK. Copy of email is saved to My Files> All Files> Device Storage> Saved Email. Emails can then be moved to SD card. Samsung logic is unwanted emails disappear, you must save the others

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude