Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WARNING Screen Adjuster app causes problems

I was running the app Screen Adjuster to make my screen on my Note 2 just a little warmer and it seemed to work for that.

I found later that I could not install an app copied from another device that should install. I just thought the app could have been corrupted and went on without it. Then I could not install a new app from Amazon. So after doing some checking settings and so forth I decide to reinstall the Amazon Appstore app and the newly downloaded Amazon Appstore app would not install either.

I knew something weird was going on. I did some searching and found nothing pertaining to the Note 2 for the problem. I did find a thread about the Nexus 7 on Android Central Forums where someone had a similar problem. B. Diddy posted that he had found screen filters could cause installation problems. I remembered I was using the app Screen Adjuster on my Note 2. Once I removed the app Screen Adjuster app everything installed as it should.

So thanks B. Diddy

This is to give warning to help others.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE