Holstering the Note 2

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people talk about the Note 2 and having it in your pocket. I like to wear a belt holster for my phones. I'm looking to get the Note 2 real soon and was just curious if anyone out there uses a holster case.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The platinum series from best buy is the seidio surface case and it comes with a holster. I dont use mine. It would be like walking around with ipad mini on my hip.

Sent via Tapatalk

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The platinum series from best buy is the seidio surface case and it comes with a holster. I dont use mine. It would be like walking around with ipad mini on my hip.

Sent via Tapatalk

Thats what I was guessing. I figured it would be to big to be on the hip lol. I think I'll just keep it in my pocket like most people

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I got mine at a local army surplus store. Canvas stitched with heavy duty Velcro. $7.

53n7 fr0m m4 no7e2 via Xparen7 7apa7alk2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Check the one out from best buy. Read the reviews for the seidio surface. It has a metal kickstand. If you like the surface then the one from best buy is for you. It is the exact same case. Plus it comes with a hard plastic belt holster. I believe the price is 34.99. I love mine. It has protected it in a couple of drops so far. Plus it doesnt add to much bulk like the otterbox.

Sent via Tapatalk

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Check the one out from best buy. Read the reviews for the seidio surface. It has a metal kickstand. If you like the surface then the one from best buy is for you. It is the exact same case. Plus it comes with a hard plastic belt holster. I believe the price is 34.99. I love mine. It has protected it in a couple of drops so far. Plus it doesnt add to much bulk like the otterbox.

Sent via Tapatalk

I will definitely take a look at it.

kuscoot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE the one from BB. It makes the phone much easier for me to hold on to and the holster is easy peasy to work. I don't like having the huge phone in my pocket and the holster with option of vertical or horizontal carry is PERFECT for me. :)

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I use the Seidio Active case. No complaints here. Because of the size of the phone, I turn the holster sideways and it fits and feels normal.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Sent via Tapatalk

I heard the metal kickstand on Seido and the Best Buy version are causing problems with the S Pen though.

The Grue

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I also prefer to holster mine. I got the Platinum from BestBuy, and I really like the skin part of the case. I didn't mind the size on my hip but I was a bit uncomfortable with the design, as the belt clip fell off once, and the button for releasing the phone would occasionally snag on door frames or other things I walked past. The phone never fell out, but it was a concern. I found a 'leather' holster on Amazon for $5 with belt loops in addition to a clip. That's been working great for me, and it fits the phone with the Seido skin on it too. The only time it gets in the way is when I try and get my wallet out of the pocket it sits over, but since it has fixed belt loops I don't need to worry about knocking it off the belt while doing it, so no big deal. Here's the link... Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note Pouch: Cell Phones & Accessories

-John

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I use the Seidio Active case and holster. Works well when turned sideways. The kickstand hasn't caused any S Pen problems for me.

I prefer the feel of their thinner Surface case (which I had on my ThunderBolt) but went with the Active case because it provides more protection which I thought I might need with the bigger Note 2 being more likely to drop, though so far that hasn't been a problem.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I also like a holster for my phone. I read about a lot of holsters and it seemed that none of the were going to allow me to have a case and still use the holster until I found the Reiko Black Leather Pouch from Amazon....
Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 N7100 I605 L900 I317 T889 Tmobile All Version Reiko Black Leather Pouch Case Cover with Belt Clip Holster & Loops: Cell Phones & Accessories
I have tried it with the RND TPU Protective Case from Amazon....
Amazon.com: RND TPU Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy Note II(2) (Transparent Grey): Cell Phones & Accessories
and with the elago G6 Slim Fit Case from Amazon....
Amazon.com: elago G6 Slim Fit Case for Galaxy Note 2 - eco friendly Retail Packaging - Soft feeling Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Both fit fine in the holster. At first they seemed a little tight but that was before putting the holster on my belt, I like to keep a wrist strap on my phone and found it makes getting the phone out of a holster very easy.

The Reiko Black Leather Pouch is a very well made holster, quality stitching, large magnetic closure, a belt clip that is large enough for even a wide belt and on each side of the clip it has 2 loops so you can either clip it to your belt or slide it onto your belt for more security. It has a slim design that helps you keep from feeling you have anything on your belt.

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all for the recommendations. Just bought my note 2 and I will be looking at cases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE the one from BB. It makes the phone much easier for me to hold on to and the holster is easy peasy to work. I don't like having the huge phone in my pocket and the holster with option of vertical or horizontal carry is PERFECT for me. :)

Exactly the same here. Besides, if you wear an untucked shirt, you don't see it anyway. I use it when I'm out and about on the weekends, and during the week, I use one of my other cases.

And as others have said, this is a very, very high quality case and belt clip. Plus, you get the kickstand on the case.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I heard the metal kickstand on Seido and the Best Buy version are causing problems with the S Pen though.
It has been mentioned on a few forums that sometimes the Spen does not work correctly in the small area directly over the magnet. Not all cases, not all phones. Just some.