Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Default Re: What OS did you switch from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-Mike View Post
    When I pull out my Arrive now it looks so tiny, i dont see how I used it for so long. I loved it so much when I got it, and much like you, when I transitioned to Android I was amazed at how much I missed out on while on Windows
    Haha. Once you go note, you never go back. So how do you feel about android compared to windows phone? Have any preference over the other? Any things you miss from wp? Thanks!

sent from my jelly bean flavored note 2

Most recently I came from iOS, but I've had Android, WebOS, Palm OS and Blackberry in the past. Just the other day I switched my family and myself from Verizon to Straight Talk. The Note 2 is by far the best Android experience I've had, and you really can't beat the prepaid price. Even though I paid retail for my N2, I'll be saving money in about 8 months!

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

IOS - Blackberry - Android

Getting my Galaxy Note 2 Tonight

dumb phone > windows mobile > BB > Android OG Moto Droid > ios > Android soon 7 days now!!

Ex apple fan boy, who got very bored of ios and decided to go Android (and bought the amazing Note 2, ofcourse) the second best decision I have made in my life after marrying my wife

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

BB>iOS(for 3 days)>BB>Android
    Error

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    There are actually many different launchers to choose from depending on what you like. Some will let you add more icons to the home screens, resize widgets, etc. The amount of flexibility is truly amazing, but there is a bit of a learning curve.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Yes, therein lies much of my problem is the learning curve. Ive been with Windows for so many years that this is truly a new experience for me. I'm one of those old timers who came up through computers from the days of DOS2.1 and 3.3. I played with UNIX back in the day when things were still a Green or Amber screen and things were written in Hexadecimal. Granted, I was around 10 years old then but I didn't really keep up with it for quite a few years and now face a system and sets of systems I pretty much know nothing about.

I'd like to learn more about all those widgets and such and screen changers that I could use to better organize my apps and such. Truth be known, I really did like how WP allowed them to be laid out on the front screen for easy access. And, the way WP8 now allows it to be done and the resizing of the screens to better fill and use screen space is far better than any other OS out there today. I haven't seen BB10 yet so can't really speak to that one but all the others just aren't intuitive compared to WP.

Again, where Android and iOS shine so well and I love so dearly now is the number of apps they have available and many of them for free. I have yet to not be able to find an app to help me solve a problem I am having when I need it. Compared to Windows Store, they leave a lot to be desired in that comparison. I'm always open to any input and help with the Android OS. With the new Launchers, would I have to jailbreak or root my phone or whatever they call it for Android?

Thanks
    Thanks

JTMcD.
    We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
    The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy S@!t, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

you do not need to root for launchers
    sent from my jelly bean flavored note 2

Dumb Nokia phones (2 years) > Windows Mobile (1 year) > iOS (3 years) > Android. I don't regret my decision at all. After only 3 days of using it, the note 2 makes my iphone look like a toy in comparison.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12