Tap on a phone number link to dial...

gadgetman#CB

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I was under the impression that on the Note 2 you do not have the ability to tap on a phone number in a text, email, web page, etc and have the phone dial that number. I thought I saw that functionality was disabled due to the patent litigation. My teammate has a Note 2, I sent her a text with a phone number, she can tap the number and it brings a menu that gives the option to dial the number. Am I missing something? Does the same thing work with addresses and maps? Thanks!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I was under the impression that on the Note 2 you do not have the ability to tap on a phone number in a text, email, web page, etc and have the phone dial that number. I thought I saw that functionality was disabled due to the patent litigation. My teammate has a Note 2, I sent her a text with a phone number, she can tap the number and it brings a menu that gives the option to dial the number. Am I missing something? Does the same thing work with addresses and maps? Thanks!

One click to dialer, no. Adding the menu to dial or save or whatever saved the litigation.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
One click to dialer, no. Adding the menu to dial or save or whatever saved the litigation.

One click dialing works just fine, using shortcuts (direct dial widget) on homescreen. what were you referring to? I'm not understanding your brief comment. sorry!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I was wrong. Samsung must have decided to keep it even after the Apple attacks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc