Instructions on using DLNA? It doesn't work.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Upnp is enabled in your router webpage where its settings are stored.

Eclipse you are correct, not all routers are the same any many are DOA or die just outside of warranty I have had many. Bittorrent eats cheap routers for breakfast it seems.

Sent via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I've done this and while it works I still run into an issue. In the past, I've been able to stream music from my phone directly to my XBOX 360. I could listen to this music as background music while playing a game. Ever since I upgraded from my Thunderbolt no phone has been able to do this. Not sure why and I've lived without it. I am able to use DLNA as a direct stream but than it basically turns my XBOX into a full screen media player and not the background data I'm looking for.

I will try it both ways tonight. I have only used the full scree media player on xbox. Havent tried with games before.

I am home now so after the wife leaves ill give it a go.

Sent via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm you cant use dlna while in game. Dlna requires the use of the full system music player for some reason. However you can stream music from your pc in game. Just tried thst last part.

Sent via Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm you cant use dlna while in game. Dlna requires the use of the full system music player for some reason. However you can stream music from your pc in game. Just tried thst last part.

Sent via Tapatalk

This is the part that confuses me. PC works but my phone doesn't.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Eclipse you are correct, not all routers are the same any many are DOA or die just outside of warranty I have had many. Bittorrent eats cheap routers for breakfast it seems.

Sent via Tapatalk

Yeah, and that's odd. I've always used top of the line models since I figure a router is a necessity and used daily. Just odd how routers show signs of failure at times. Although, I don't believe the NAT issues were a failure but rather a result of faulty firmware by Linksys. Those who installed the DD-WRT firmware noted the issues disappeared.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Sent via Tapatalk

So I should check my router, and it should have that webpage...
I'll check when I get home.

thanks to all of you guys for the help!

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I did exactly what you did for the Video streaming and I keep getting this meassage:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360132074995.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360132074995.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 47

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I checked my PS3 settings, everything is enabled. I can stream Pics to my TV but not my Videos.. Argh!!!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I could not get it to work with ps3 either. It might be a setting I have wrong. I dont know. Like I said before I really only use the ps3 for bluray.

Sent via Tapatalk

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I could not get it to work with ps3 either. It might be a setting I have wrong. I dont know. Like I said before I really only use the ps3 for bluray.

Sent via Tapatalk

Same here, I only use our PS3 for netflix and blu-ray...
But to get my movies from my Note 2 to my Tv would be so awesome! But F@$K... this is irritating!!!
=)

- - - Updated - - -

If you ever figured how to make it work on the PS3, please share!
Thanks for all the help and video!

SumthinNew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that "Allshare" streaming from my Note II to my Samsung smart TV works for both videos and pics.
Each time I enable the feature on my Note II, a pop screen would appear on my TV requesting to accept the connection.

My hardware:
Cisco DPC3825 Gateway modem/router combo provided from my ISP
Samsung 8000 series with integrated wifi

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that "Allshare" streaming from my Note II to my Samsung smart TV works for both videos and pics.
Each time I enable the feature on my Note II, a pop screen would appear on my TV requesting to accept the connection.

My hardware:
Cisco DPC3825 Gateway modem/router combo provided from my ISP
Samsung 8000 series with integrated wifi

How does All Share work?

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I know that there are several applications for Android which provide DLNA support for smartphone. What do you use?

I tried to stream my videos directly through my Note2 and even tried the sony dlna app, and I would still get the same message...

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new Panasonic TV which I linked in to my home WiFi. It has YouTube on it, and it gave an option to sync my phone with the TV YouTube app, which I did. That worked to let me find and start a YouTube video on my phone, which would then play on the TV. I did nothing else (not knowingly, anyway) to connect my phone to TV. I was very surprised later when I started playing music on my phone through the stock music player, and it came up automatically on the TV and through its sound system. I checked and this also worked with the stock video player, and with the stock photo gallery. I have no idea whether this is "dnla" (about which I know nothing) or some other connection method, but I was pleased to be able to show photos and videos on the big screen, and pump music through that sound system. Got lucky, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret