OMG Forgot PIN and can't get past lock screen!

ivanpb

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
This worked like a charm with my Samsung Galaxy S5. Many thanks! Edit: I was referring to account.samsung.com remote unlock.

Last edited:

CV Angelo

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
How do people download apps from Google PlayStore without an account you used to set up the phone??? Sign in to PlayStore on your COMPUTER and you will see the account with which you used to set up the phone. If you've forgotten the password to this account, just click on the forgot password and RESET the password. Now you have the account and a new password. This is what you will need when the option to reset comes up after multiple incorrect attempts at PATTERN LOCK. But your phone MUST have had internet access enabled before you locked yourself out for this to work.

The option to reset does not appear with incorrect attempts at entering your PIN. The way to fix a forgotten PIN issue is to go to Google's Android Device Manager (https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager) and sign in (see above paragraph for how to sign in if you've forgotten your account and/or password). But your device has to be connected to the internet via Wifi or network otherwise this will not work. If you are able to locate the device, just remotely change the PIN. You will not be asked for the existing PIN. Then go to your device and unlock it with the new PIN.

If you don't want to take the time to figure out the account you used to set up your Android with, or, if your device is not connected to the internet (go get a data plan and turn it on, but it your phone had data turned off your goose is cooked) then you really have no other option than to factory reset your phone and all of your internal data will be lost! In which case you've learned a very valuable lesson about BACKING UP your data. Who doesn't back up their critical data any more? How many times do people have to lose their critical data before they learn the simple lesson of frequently backing up? With FREE Google Drive, FREE Drop Box, etc, what excuse does anyone have to not backup their data or setting up auto backup on their Android phone?

And why on earth would people not have a PIN or other security lock on their phone when this either puts you at risk for: 1) a thief to get access to all of your personal data that is on the phone including your UNPROTECTED PICTURES, TXTS, SOCIAL ACCOUNTS (social networks, emails, etc) OR having some inquisitive child or ill-intentioned person to put a PIN in that locks you out of your own phone!

Your gf unlocked your phone in a matter of seconds and would not tell you exactly how she did it but said something about 4 zeroes? You fell for that! Don't you realize she knew your pass code all along????

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarah Stade

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
So i did as you suggested , using my google account thats linked to my phone and is able to see my device location and created a password to get rid of the password that was already there, but the phone keeps saying wrong password. and if i set a banner message it doesnt even give me a place to enter a password. Whats happening there?

lololol7

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm facing the same problem. I set up my google account with the phone but I'm not getting any option to reset. I know that the google account is definitely connected because I checked on my laptop and could access the play store and applications on my phone through my google account. I have attempted to get my pin over 80 times and nothing is happening except every 5 tries they ask me to wait 30 seconds. I don't know what to do and I have pictures that have been saved to the device, not the sim card. Is my only option to factory reset?

Where is the forgot password option? I don't seem to have one...

Mohamed Ali Mo

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
To unlock your mobile remotely, go to (findmymobile.samsung.com) > sign in > on the left pane, select Lock my mobile. Run the ”Lock my device” function in the Find My Mobile service with a new PIN and cancel the 'Lock my device' function with the new PIN on the device.

Fortizo

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
To unlock your mobile remotely, go to (findmymobile.samsung.com) > sign in > on the left pane, select Lock my mobile. Run the ”Lock my device” function in the Find My Mobile service with a new PIN and cancel the 'Lock my device' function with the new PIN on the device.

Thank you. This worked perfectly for my Galaxy S4

medik

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Hoping to find help with this. Locked out of my Galaxy S5 due to too many unsuccessful fingerprint swipes. Do not remember passcode. Went onto Android Device Manager to use the "lock" feature. It says it successfully sent the lock code to my phone (and my phone displays the message I included in addition to the code ) but right after that Android Device Manager says "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed." And then when I try the new password it doesn't work. I've done that countless times. I also do not get a "forgot password" place to click, although I know my google id and password if it would allow for that.

I apparently do not have "findmymobile" set up on my phone so I cannot use that as an option.

Any help would be appreciated as I really don't want to have to factory reset my phone.

Thanks.

Shiri274

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
So I've locked my Sony C5 303 with the phones screen pin lock and unfortunately :'( there's no way I can reset the pin there is no "Forgotten Password" or nothing!! :mad: :mad: that appears, all that appears is I have to wait :-\ or Emergency call. PLEASE HELP I've tried rebooting and resetting but those seem to not work either. I've tried installing apps from my pc to unlock it but still NOTHING! :'( :'(

THANKS :D Same here, what kind of phone do you have I might be able to help

Rabi Garcia

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,, I found this site on google looking for solution on how to gain access. My boss ask me to find a solution on how to gain access to his phone because he forgot the pattern although he has gmail account but unfortunately the phone does not have internet connection. Is it possible to access phone without losing data? Any solution on how to connect his phone to the internet?

Thank you

David Coull

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem - Samsung S5, changed the PIN but forgot it. Google didn't work, neither did Samsung.

As I didn't want to lose all the data on the phone and after a lot of head scratching here is how I solved the problem.

1. Downloaded "apowersoft phone manager" and "mobigenie3" - both are easily found in a google search. I didn't need both as they do the same job but I was being extra cautious.

2. After installing the programs, I started with "apowersoft". I connected my phone via a USB cable and lo and behold I had full access to everything on the phone even thought it was still locked.

3. I used the Backup option in the program and backed up Contacts, Text Messages, Call Logs, Music, Pictures, Videos and Apps.

4. I then carefully used the built in file manager to copy any other data files I might need - the one in particular I needed to copy was my encrypted file containing all my passwords for websites etc. I wasn't too worried about any other files so I stopped looking at that point.

5. I then used "mobigenie3" and did exactly the same again but saved the backups to a different location. I admit I was paranoid but the thought of losing all the data on my phone was terrifying.

6. I then disconnected the USB cable and, with fingers, legs and eyes crossed, I did a factory reset.

7. After restart I set up the usual items - including a PIN which I wrote down this time, connected the phone again via USB, and restored the data using the programs mentioned above. :D

I am now a happy bunny.

DISCLAIMER: although this worked for me, I cannot guarantee it will work for you so please go slowly and think carefully before you do a factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908