Swype and Handwriting vs Samsung

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

from my knowledge using Swype, you can only use the s pen to type like you would with your finger, dragging, but using Swype eliminates the handwriting ability (besides in S Pen apps).

So basically, is there a way that when you undock the S Pen the phone can switch from Swype to Samsung keyboard automatically? I hate samsung keyboard's swype-like interface and it isnt nearly as good for me personally, so when I'm not using S Pen i'd like to be using Swype. However when I pul; the S Pen out to use it, i'd like to be able to handwrite my emails and texts, etc.

Thanks for any input!

Steve

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmm...That's odd, I thought Swype DID let you use a 'Handwriting' Mode... I'm not sure how, but it is listed as a feature...

I, for one, prefer the Samsung Keyboard over Swype's or SwiftKey's (although I am dearly missing personal auto-replace). Anyway, I don't think there's a way to automatically select one input method while using your fingers and another when pulling out the S-Pen; you'd have to manually change the input method (annoying keyboard icon on top of the notification bar that always comes up when writing).

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
nope.. swype has no handwriting mode.. but using that icon you mentioned makes the switch much more convenient than going into settings.. so it's a fair compromise for now i guess. Thanks for that head's up

Mmm...That's odd, I thought Swype DID let you use a 'Handwriting' Mode... I'm not sure how, but it is listed as a feature...

I, for one, prefer the Samsung Keyboard over Swype's or SwiftKey's (although I am dearly missing personal auto-replace). Anyway, I don't think there's a way to automatically select one input method while using your fingers and another when pulling out the S-Pen; you'd have to manually change the input method (annoying keyboard icon on top of the notification bar that always comes up when writing).

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's exactly what i wanted sans root unfortunately, but at least I'm not alone in feeling there's a need for such things!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia