Swype and Handwriting vs Samsung
from my knowledge using Swype, you can only use the s pen to type like you would with your finger, dragging, but using Swype eliminates the handwriting ability (besides in S Pen apps).
So basically, is there a way that when you undock the S Pen the phone can switch from Swype to Samsung keyboard automatically? I hate samsung keyboard's swype-like interface and it isnt nearly as good for me personally, so when I'm not using S Pen i'd like to be using Swype. However when I pul; the S Pen out to use it, i'd like to be able to handwrite my emails and texts, etc.
Thanks for any input!
- 02-06-2013, 12:36 PM #2
Re: Swype and Handwriting vs Samsung
Mmm...That's odd, I thought Swype DID let you use a 'Handwriting' Mode... I'm not sure how, but it is listed as a feature...
I, for one, prefer the Samsung Keyboard over Swype's or SwiftKey's (although I am dearly missing personal auto-replace). Anyway, I don't think there's a way to automatically select one input method while using your fingers and another when pulling out the S-Pen; you'd have to manually change the input method (annoying keyboard icon on top of the notification bar that always comes up when writing).
- 02-07-2013, 08:40 AM #4
- 02-07-2013, 09:49 AM #5
- 02-09-2013, 12:14 PM #7
- By 10-Dee-Q in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 4Last Post: 10-28-2012, 05:35 AM
- By efoss in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 28Last Post: 10-16-2011, 04:37 AM
- By liquidmonkey in forum HTC DesireReplies: 2Last Post: 04-20-2010, 07:50 PM
- By giper54 in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 6Last Post: 02-19-2010, 10:34 PM
- By giper54 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 0Last Post: 02-12-2010, 10:15 PM