Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Swype and Handwriting vs Samsung

Hey guys,

from my knowledge using Swype, you can only use the s pen to type like you would with your finger, dragging, but using Swype eliminates the handwriting ability (besides in S Pen apps).

So basically, is there a way that when you undock the S Pen the phone can switch from Swype to Samsung keyboard automatically? I hate samsung keyboard's swype-like interface and it isnt nearly as good for me personally, so when I'm not using S Pen i'd like to be using Swype. However when I pul; the S Pen out to use it, i'd like to be able to handwrite my emails and texts, etc.

Thanks for any input!

Steve

Default Re: Swype and Handwriting vs Samsung

Mmm...That's odd, I thought Swype DID let you use a 'Handwriting' Mode... I'm not sure how, but it is listed as a feature...

I, for one, prefer the Samsung Keyboard over Swype's or SwiftKey's (although I am dearly missing personal auto-replace). Anyway, I don't think there's a way to automatically select one input method while using your fingers and another when pulling out the S-Pen; you'd have to manually change the input method (annoying keyboard icon on top of the notification bar that always comes up when writing).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

nope.. swype has no handwriting mode.. but using that icon you mentioned makes the switch much more convenient than going into settings.. so it's a fair compromise for now i guess. Thanks for that head's up

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Mmm...That's odd, I thought Swype DID let you use a 'Handwriting' Mode... I'm not sure how, but it is listed as a feature...

I, for one, prefer the Samsung Keyboard over Swype's or SwiftKey's (although I am dearly missing personal auto-replace). Anyway, I don't think there's a way to automatically select one input method while using your fingers and another when pulling out the S-Pen; you'd have to manually change the input method (annoying keyboard icon on top of the notification bar that always comes up when writing).

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

I personally haven't tried this but I'm wanting to. Sounds like it's exactly what you're looking for.

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...oard-switcher/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, the biggest beast on the block.

Wow! Nice app! Too bad it requires warranty-voiding root...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock

Yeah that's exactly what i wanted sans root unfortunately, but at least I'm not alone in feeling there's a need for such things!
    Resident Linux Fiend

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Wow! Nice app! Too bad it requires warranty-voiding root...
    Not worried about rooting, I've been and fine. You can always unroot...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network