Songs keep getting deleted from my playlist

nickfuke

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know why my songs magically disappear from my playlist on note 2??? One day I'll have 100 songs, and the next day I'll have 20...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

nickfuke

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
All of my songs are still on my sd card, but when I make a playlist they end up getting erased from the playlist.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got off the phone and they said it's most likely due to too much memory, that wasn't my issue so he sent me instructions to do a master reset.

wait, before doing a master reset do the following:

1. Go to system settings
2. Go to Applications Manager and locate Music Player (or whichever music app you're using)
3. Select Delete Data and Clear Cache
4. Restart phone
5. Now go back to Music Player (or whichever music app) and rebuild your playlist (I suggest doing a test playlist)
6. Observe to see if this fixed it; let us know how it worked out

Double0EK

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an older thread but are you UnMounting your SDCard in Settings > Storage before this happens? Its happened to me a few times and I only noticed it happening when I do that to force refresh my sdcard.

topdogmsn

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I FOUND A SOLUTION
i have the exact same problem with my samsung galaxy 3s, with the software 4.1.2. the playlists content disapears all the time.
what helped on my phone was to make a backup on your pc, from the phones and SD-cards memory, then format your phone (both phone card) PROBLEM FIXED. I know it takes some time to restore everything, i recommend that you install "backup and restore" and "playlist backup" on your phone and make a backup on your apps and playlist. good luck

PS. install only the apps that you need (it could be an app that did made the bug)
PPS. if you can use another music player than the default one, that could also prevent the bug, i am using "Now Playing"

Ronal Pinto

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I called samsung because I had the same problem and this is what they told me to do and I have not had any problems since.
Go to settings, then more or general, whatever says on your phone, aplication manager, select the music player you are using, clear all data, remove the battery from your phone for full two minutes and turn it back on.
That is what I did and it worked for me.

Cheldove

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I had so hoped this would solved my problem of songs deleting from my playlist, but it didn't. I put 10 songs on a list, rebooted, and then came back and all 10 were gone, but the playlist still existed with 0 songs. This is so frustrating. I guess the easiest fix for now is never to turn the device off.

Cheldove

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
What I have just discovered, with the help of tech support for my device, is whenever the playlist is edited, and new songs are added, you must go to the "Edit Playlist" option out beside the playlist to SAVE it. This problem had been frustrating me for months, but from what I can tell it simply comes down to making sure your final list is saved each and every time something is added, or else the new songs will not appear each time the device is powered off and back on. My guess is the 20 you have showing were somehow saved when the original playlist was created, but you didn't resave the playlist itself when you added the additional 80 songs. I've done TEST playlists, and it seems to be the solution, at least in my case with my Android tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463