Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Default Re: Is this normal battery life? (just got note 2)

Media server is always listed whenever I use Pandora (and has been in every phone I've had). I was also listening to poweramp for a while.

8 hours, 2 of those being n64 emulator, 1 hour on sonic 4, all while running Pandora. As for percentage, screen was off for most of the part I was listening to just Pandora. Also, I keep my screen brightness at almost the minimum, keeping auto brightness off.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

unlike yesterday im getting amazing battery life today

11 and a half hours in and i still have %66 percent battery left with gsam predicting another 22 hours atleast. thats real good. although my usage today wasnt as heavy but id say it was average
    Thanked by:
    mrxblue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbroadcast View Post
    unlike yesterday im getting amazing battery life today

11 and a half hours in and i still have %66 percent battery left with gsam predicting another 22 hours atleast. thats real good. although my usage today wasnt as heavy but id say it was average
    Looking forward to seeing your uptime when the battery is below 10%

Swyped from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

Would this be considered moderate usage?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this normal battery life? (just got note 2)-uploadfromtaptalk1360390105769.jpg  
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Great time for 51% screen

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Thanks, for the feedback

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

high moderate id say. it depends on your settings though

I have 50 % brightness and auto brightness turned off, Bluetooth, GPS, off Wi-Fi on and connected for most of the day. 1 email account with push and the other with the sync schedule off, that one's Yahoo but sync is turned on so I still get email when I go into the app, also on in my toggles too. And all the stuff that deals with location is off. I only turn it on when I need it. Also Facebook and Twitter sync is disabled. And I have push enabled for my Gmail as well

When you get your new phone, if from the manufacturer, the best thing to do with it is to drain whatever battery is left in it till it hits 0%. Then fully charge it and drain it again. This is power cycling and should be done at least 2-3 times to help extend your batteries life.

How does media server relate to rescan? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Just got my note 2 last night. I drained down to battery showing 'yellow' probably almost red. Charged all night, started playing (nothing heavy used st all) and setting up my phone at 6:30am and was just on an hour call. It is now 11:00 am snd my battery shows 64 percent?? Wow, what sm I doing wrong?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this normal battery life? (just got note 2)-uploadfromtaptalk1360519387716.jpg  

Sorry for typos, finding it difficult to type on this phone with s pen

Did you turn off location reporting? It's in settings. Then under accounts go to Google, maps and latitude, then location reporting. Set it to not update your location. That'll help quite a bit. And if you don't use Google maps that often if turn off gps and the options that are under the location services in your settings. And also if you have Facebook and Twitter turn off sync for both of them. And if you have more than 1 email account then set the sync schedule to sync every hour if your not worried about receiving email right away. Also check the battery saving box under the s pen section. And make sure nfc and s beam are off. I only turn em in when I need em and the same with GPS. Hope this helps :-)

Quote Originally Posted by charles-89 View Post
    Did you turn off location reporting? It's in settings. Then under accounts go to Google, maps and latitude, then location reporting. Set it to not update your location. That'll help quite a bit. And if you don't use Google maps that often if turn off gps and the options that are under the location services in your settings. And also if you have Facebook and Twitter turn off sync for both of them. And if you have more than 1 email account then set the sync schedule to sync every hour if your not worried about receiving email right away. Also check the battery saving box under the s pen section. And make sure nfc and s beam are off. I only turn em in when I need em and the same with GPS. Hope this helps :-)

Wow, I will check on all this ad soon as I can! I'm a little surprised at all this as I thought it would handle all the above with no problem at all? Thank you!

Modifying some of those settings should help with battery life. Your welcome!

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

at %67 i would of had like 11 or 12 hours usage. depends how much you use it throughout the day and your settings

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cecere View Post
    When you get your new phone, if from the manufacturer, the best thing to do with it is to drain whatever battery is left in it till it hits 0%. Then fully charge it and drain it again. This is power cycling and should be done at least 2-3 times to help extend your batteries life.
    Ok so I started using my phone at 6:30 this morning (first time) and the first half of the battery went really quick! So now at 7:21 pm and at red bar 13%. So I am going to let it go to zero before I plug in charger for the night! Will see how it goes tomorrow!

ROM
    Stock

Here's my stats. Had the phone a week today. Only fully drained and charged once. I'm going to try and drain it today. Don't really have time and i can't rush leaving it on over night an extra night and dying mid day..but that's a different story. Needless to say i love the battery life..also below is my screen shot from a few days ago. That was 4 hr of screen on time over 2 days. This phone will easily get over 6 hr screen on time in over a 24hr period
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this normal battery life? (just got note 2)-uploadfromtaptalk1360584770395.jpg   Is this normal battery life? (just got note 2)-uploadfromtaptalk1360584802368.jpg   Is this normal battery life? (just got note 2)-uploadfromtaptalk1360584951154.jpg  

So turned on my phone half hour ago at 100% battery. Down to 93% in only 30 minutes and didnt do anything accept one phone call, android central surfing, and looked at emails! In screen shot my 'screen' shows 58%....why is everyone elses I see so much lower?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this normal battery life? (just got note 2)-uploadfromtaptalk1360593962566.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by GregMar View Post
    If you can stand it, make your brightness around 30% and disable auto. See if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by mrxblue View Post
    If you can stand it, make your brightness around 30% and disable auto. See if that helps

I had already disabled auto, and I just lowered brightness to about 50%....I really like it brighter (a bit older eyes here ugh!) I just dont get it! I know so many have written how they do so much on this phone trying to kill/see how much they can get out of the battery and haven't!

I have done hardly anything and have gone from 100% down to 70% in less than 4 hours today? Could it be I got a bad battery? Plus the fact for some reason the screen is very dim when I open my Cox email that I added. Hmmmm, so that is even dimmer/hard to see now. Thanks for the help!

Its also recommended once a month to let the battery completely drain before charging. I do this with every phone I have had and at the new billing cycle...a good way for me to remember to do it.
    This is good for the battery

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

I can tell you it's probably your Cox mail that's draining the battery. The standard email app is to blame for alot of battery drain issues. If you can turn that off to manual update. See if that helps.
    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Ambassador

Battery calibration is a farce. There is no app that can calibrate your battery. All they do is erase your stats. Charge it all the way and let it go down to 10% or less. Do that every now and then. Erasing stats does nothing.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast