Is this normal battery life? (just got note 2)

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm almost dead from %100 to % 17 in 10hours. I don't get it how does everyone get such great battery life out of there note 2. Yeah is my battery defective or something?

Here's my average usage. Not plugged in. Minus 6-8 hrs of sleeping where I'm losing about 1% an hour. During wake times, browsing the web is pretty cheap. Almost no gaming. Facebook app here and there. Lots of wifi to download podcast, then listening to it , so cheap and easy since wifi. Low gps usage. I think i save on battery because not too much 4g needed, no gaming.

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
You need to kill your media server, get rescan media on the play store, it increased my battery life exponentially.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.

My media server was on because I was listening to Pandora all day. I don't need to do anything, typically an average use day I get 18 hours easy.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has them in the website.

As for everyone else asking how come I only get xx hours or odd my battery... it all depends on what settings you use and how heavy you use it. Lower brightness = lower battery use. Staying on Wi-Fi instead of 3g/4g is always less battery consuming too. It all depends, why not add a screenshot of the usage details?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/08/esu8yheh.jpg

My battery is just fine, I've just been heavy on it today.

How is your Screen Percentage so low after 8 hrs of usage? Mine is already at 86% within 2 hours???
Please advise, thanks!

Also, what's running in Media Server?

indosilver

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
From what I read media server is a phone service that controls the notification volumes, it has nothing to do with pandora. Rescan media kills the task. Otherwise it causes your phone to stake awake and leeches battery.

It worked for me, that's all I know

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Media server is always listed whenever I use Pandora (and has been in every phone I've had). I was also listening to poweramp for a while.

8 hours, 2 of those being n64 emulator, 1 hour on sonic 4, all while running Pandora. As for percentage, screen was off for most of the part I was listening to just Pandora. Also, I keep my screen brightness at almost the minimum, keeping auto brightness off.

Bigbroadcast

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
unlike yesterday im getting amazing battery life today

11 and a half hours in and i still have %66 percent battery left with gsam predicting another 22 hours atleast. thats real good. although my usage today wasnt as heavy but id say it was average

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
unlike yesterday im getting amazing battery life today

11 and a half hours in and i still have %66 percent battery left with gsam predicting another 22 hours atleast. thats real good. although my usage today wasnt as heavy but id say it was average

Looking forward to seeing your uptime when the battery is below 10%

Swyped from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

anon(3783942)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Would this be considered moderate usage?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360390105769.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360390105769.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 91

anon(3783942)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have 50 % brightness and auto brightness turned off, Bluetooth, GPS, off Wi-Fi on and connected for most of the day. 1 email account with push and the other with the sync schedule off, that one's Yahoo but sync is turned on so I still get email when I go into the app, also on in my toggles too. And all the stuff that deals with location is off. I only turn it on when I need it. Also Facebook and Twitter sync is disabled. And I have push enabled for my Gmail as well

Andrew Cecere

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
When you get your new phone, if from the manufacturer, the best thing to do with it is to drain whatever battery is left in it till it hits 0%. Then fully charge it and drain it again. This is power cycling and should be done at least 2-3 times to help extend your batteries life.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got my note 2 last night. I drained down to battery showing 'yellow' probably almost red. Charged all night, started playing (nothing heavy used st all) and setting up my phone at 6:30am and was just on an hour call. It is now 11:00 am snd my battery shows 64 percent?? Wow, what sm I doing wrong?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360519387716.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360519387716.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 80

anon(3783942)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you turn off location reporting? It's in settings. Then under accounts go to Google, maps and latitude, then location reporting. Set it to not update your location. That'll help quite a bit. And if you don't use Google maps that often if turn off gps and the options that are under the location services in your settings. And also if you have Facebook and Twitter turn off sync for both of them. And if you have more than 1 email account then set the sync schedule to sync every hour if your not worried about receiving email right away. Also check the battery saving box under the s pen section. And make sure nfc and s beam are off. I only turn em in when I need em and the same with GPS. Hope this helps :)

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you turn off location reporting? It's in settings. Then under accounts go to Google, maps and latitude, then location reporting. Set it to not update your location. That'll help quite a bit. And if you don't use Google maps that often if turn off gps and the options that are under the location services in your settings. And also if you have Facebook and Twitter turn off sync for both of them. And if you have more than 1 email account then set the sync schedule to sync every hour if your not worried about receiving email right away. Also check the battery saving box under the s pen section. And make sure nfc and s beam are off. I only turn em in when I need em and the same with GPS. Hope this helps :)

Wow, I will check on all this ad soon as I can! I'm a little surprised at all this as I thought it would handle all the above with no problem at all? Thank you!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante