Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is this normal battery life? (just got note 2)

On a full charge it dropped from 100 to 97 in 25 minutes.

If this isn't normal can I simply buy a new battery?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Is this normal battery life? (just got note 2)

Bump help plz

The initial drop from 100% down to 97-92% range seems to happen quickly, and then it levels off and drains very slowly.

The GN2 has amazing battery life. You won't be disappointed in actual day to day use.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

It depends on what you're doing at the time. My experience is that with it in standby, it's 1% an hour. Listening to podcasting is cheap on the battery too. I would say streaming video, YouTube and having is costly

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

You say you just got the phone...have you 'calibrated' the battery? It usually requires you to fully deplete it a couple of times and re-charging to 100% as well... Then you'll start getting your REAL readings.

That being said, 'extra' services that usually come pre-activated in your phone can drain your battery quicker (constant Google Maps location polling, All-Share Cast and derivates always active, etc.); also, make sure you're not in a poor-coverage area or you won't get good battery since your phone will strain itself trying to hang on to a low cell signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbroadcast View Post
    On a full charge it dropped from 100 to 97 in 25 minutes.

If this isn't normal can I simply buy a new battery?
    It might help if you said what you were doing. 3% in three minutes isn't that great if the phone was sleeping with wifi and bluetooth off, but if you were using it, 14 hours of any activity is pretty good.

I noticed that it took at least a week before my battery drain wad consistent. Give it some time and it will get noticeably better and more predictable!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Update: I went from %100 to %43 in roughly 7 and a half hours. The with moderate usage

Not sure if this is normal or what

Sent from my note 2

- - - Updated - - -

How do you calibrate the battery?

Sent from my note 2

Update: I went from %100 to %43 in roughly 7 and a half hours. The with moderate usage
    That's pretty normal.

Not sure if this is normal or what

Sent from my note 2

- - - Updated - - -

How do you calibrate the battery?

Sent from my note 2
    I would have been at about 60 percent there but everyone is different. The way you have your settings in certain apps like email,, or auto sync or any other app that may or may not run in the background. I for one keep auto sync off. Does not affect my experience one bit. I don't want stuff updating when I'm not using. When I open a app,, that means I want to use it and it updates upon opening. I also have my emails set to manual with notifications off. Don't want any emails pushed to me. If I want to check my mail I open the mail and it instantly updates when I open. Battery life varies depending on stuff like this.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:
    mrxblue likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Hmm that's strange because in that case my old blackberry 9900 had better battery life then my new note 2 even though people always talk about how great the notes battery life is. I'm somewhat confused now

Sent from my note 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

%100 to %38 in 8 hours 40 minutes

Normal?

Hmm that's strange because in that case my old blackberry 9900 had better battery life then my new note 2 even though people always talk about how great the notes battery life is. I'm somewhat confused now
    Perhaps you are using the phone more then you did with your old model. I know I do.

My battery is the worst one it drops from 100 to 10 in 6.5 hours of using.. that's sucks.

After 18 hours I'm at 74%. Moderate-light usage. No phone calls yet, just emails, texts, downloading apps. Powersave mode is OFF. (Default I guess - I'll turn it on eventually.)

Did you charge the battery 100% before you turned it on the first time like the instructions said? I don't believe most people do but I'm anal enough to do that. Then did a lot of the setup while it was still plugged in.

When I went from my Blackberry Storm to the Thunderbolt I was really unhappy about the Bolt's battery life. I could get several days out of my Blackberry. I'm afraid those days of long battery life are gone and I just deal with it. But based on my experience with the Note II, I'd have to say something is draining your battery and you need to find out what it is and kill it. Have you tried rebooting the phone? Might clear out a rogue app?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I'm almost dead from %100 to % 17 in 10hours. I don't get it how does everyone get such great battery life out of there note 2. Yeah is my battery defective or something?

Any ideas of how much is the new battery? So I go to Samsung to buy one..
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Samsung has them in the website.

As for everyone else asking how come I only get xx hours or odd my battery... it all depends on what settings you use and how heavy you use it. Lower brightness = lower battery use. Staying on Wi-Fi instead of 3g/4g is always less battery consuming too. It all depends, why not add a screenshot of the usage details?

My battery is just fine, I've just been heavy on it today.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

You need to kill your media server, get rescan media on the play store, it increased my battery life exponentially.

I get very good battery life out of my Note, and it doesn't require much tweaking or micromanaging. Brightness is at 40%, I keep a black background, and have 4 email accounts on push. Battery drains at about 0.5% per hour on LTE in standby, and about 12%/hour with the screen on. So, from 100%, if I have it on for 20 hours and have screen on time of 4 hours, I would usually be at around 42% (or a little higher) left. Reception is moderate to good where I live and work.

If your battery is draining from 100% to 17% in 10 hours with the screen not on for at least 5-6 hours during that period, then something is probably wrong (rogue app, poor reception, defective battery, etc.) or are using it much differently (games will drain my battery faster than the percentages shown above).

I'm almost dead from %100 to % 17 in 10hours. I don't get it how does everyone get such great battery life out of there note 2. Yeah is my battery defective or something?
    Here's my average usage. Not plugged in. Minus 6-8 hrs of sleeping where I'm losing about 1% an hour. During wake times, browsing the web is pretty cheap. Almost no gaming. Facebook app here and there. Lots of wifi to download podcast, then listening to it , so cheap and easy since wifi. Low gps usage. I think i save on battery because not too much 4g needed, no gaming.

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by indosilver View Post
    You need to kill your media server, get rescan media on the play store, it increased my battery life exponentially.

My media server was on because I was listening to Pandora all day. I don't need to do anything, typically an average use day I get 18 hours easy.

Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    Samsung has them in the website.

As for everyone else asking how come I only get xx hours or odd my battery... it all depends on what settings you use and how heavy you use it. Lower brightness = lower battery use. Staying on Wi-Fi instead of 3g/4g is always less battery consuming too. It all depends, why not add a screenshot of the usage details?
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/08/esu8yheh.jpg

My battery is just fine, I've just been heavy on it today.

How is your Screen Percentage so low after 8 hrs of usage? Mine is already at 86% within 2 hours???
    Please advise, thanks!

Also, what's running in Media Server?

Quote Originally Posted by indosilver View Post

What does Rescan Media do???

From what I read media server is a phone service that controls the notification volumes, it has nothing to do with pandora. Rescan media kills the task. Otherwise it causes your phone to stake awake and leeches battery.

It worked for me, that's all I know

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast