Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

Default Women with Note 2'S

Just wanted to bring this up that I think its pretty cool to see women using the Note 2. Or origional note. Not trying to be negative at all just stating I see alot of women using smaller phones be it iphone s or Androids. But when I see you guys using a big phone like the Note I think it sets you apart from the norm.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Women with Note 2'S

Quote Originally Posted by jlh73 View Post
    Just wanted to bring this up that I think its pretty cool to see women using the Note 2. Or origional note. Not trying to be negative at all just stating I see alot of women using smaller phones be it iphone s or Androids. But when I see you guys using a big phone like the Note I think it sets you apart from the norm.

You know whats interesting , in Asia woman use the bigger phones and men use the smaller phones. Women like them cause they fit in their purses. Men like the smaller phones because they fit in their shirt pockets. I dont know this first hand , a Samsung executive told me this when they were visiting from Korea.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

da fuq?

"Sets you apart from the norm" What norm are you referring to exactly - you think women can't use larger phones?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

Very interesting. This was just an observation ive seen when I see a woman using a Note. I think to myself thats pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jlh73 View Post
    Very interesting. This was just an observation ive seen when I see a woman using a Note. I think to myself thats pretty cool.

My wife is hooked on her Note and makes jokes when people try to crank on her. The common one is "what are you doing with that screen on your head" then she says "my husband is in IT" and then the jokes stop. She then usually comes back after a while and the ones that tried to crack on her, see her working with hers (shoulder surfing) and are like "how did you do that", she laughs, tells them and then they end up always like "my phone can't do that".

She also had a coworker(another lady) and they both had notes. My wife has one of the mugen batteries and she and the coworker ended up taking tech and sharing information just to play with their phones.

So there are quite a few ladies that like the larger devices. She played angry birds with my original note, a week later she had one. Now I'm just waiting and hoping they actually do introduce the pink one in the US.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

according to the local Best Buy mobile dept manager(who happens to be my next-next-door neighbor's daughter-in-law),
    more than 90% of the Note 2's sold at her store were sold to women. (both AT&T and VZW versions)
    compared to roughly 50/50 for the Galaxy S3.

when Hummer H2 came out, most of the buyers were also women.. at least the ones I've seen on the road.
    only saw one short guy driving a yellow one, AFAIK. I think soccermoms love big SUVs and now big phones!
    Ambro75 likes this.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

That's true about the SUV's, my neighborhood is full of women who drive them and most drive alone. The men all drive pick-up trucks or sedans. The Note2 is probably the same thing for women especially because they can fit it in their purse.

When I got mine the first day, my wife said it was too big. By the end of the day, she changed her mind and was addicted to Pinterest on it. Next day she got the white one and traded her iPhone4. She told me she didn't need a Kindle or iPad Mini, so I saved some bucks right there.

my wife is about 5' 3" and petite. she loves her Note 2. I'm 6' 4" so need I say more about my love for the phone's size?
    Samsung Note 2

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I am from Singapore and many women here use big phones like the note and note 2. A common sight on trains and the bus here.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad you posted this thread, because I was just thinking the other day how it's interesting that I've seen more women with the phone. I'm living in an average size city in Russia right now, and I've seen 4 women with a Note 2 and only one other guy.

I put off getting this phone, I'm 5-1 and have tiny hands. I rarely put my phone in my purse. If I don't have a pocket, it will be in my purse for a short time. I have become aware of buying clothes that have a pocket somewhere for years. Don't always find it where dresses and skirts are concerned, but I try. I don't like a "cover" or a "carry case" for my phone. It's really necessary for one if you carry it in your purse. Purses have started coming with a "pocket" for your cell, but they aren't big enough for the N2 yet.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2
    jlh73 likes this.

We rock!! lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    hummingbirdhill and jlh73 like this.

funny.....my husband is a tech lost cause....he'll call me from work wanting to know how to fix something on his phone, laptop, etc. he would have no idea how to run through set up, get his apps up and running etc... its great for me since I get to steal everyone elses upgrades and then pass down my old phones.

I am laughing because my friends typically like smaller phones. But they are coming to the conclusion that they can see better and have a better internet experience on a larger screen. I never considered it being too big. I like everything the Note2 can do. Size is fine for me. I am woman. Love my Note2

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    1812dave and metalgirl3 like this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metalgirl3 View Post
    We rock!! lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    You guys do rock!!!

almath likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I am laughing because my friends typically like smaller phones. But they are coming to the conclusion that they can see better and have a better internet experience on a larger screen. I never considered it being too big. I like everything the Note2 can do. Size is fine for me. I am woman. Love my Note2

Years ago before smartphones, I had tiny Nokia phones..tiny ones. I liked those. If we just had "phones" today, then I would be all about the tiny phones, but not so much for the little computers we have now.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

This will be dating me but my first cell was as large as a cordless home phone. Also used pagers. Lol. My last dumbphone was a very small Samsung. Been a smartphone user for over 8 yrs. Started with Blackberry. Love Android much better. Numerous times having a smartphone saved me. I had laptop issues and would had been in deep trouble. I will never not have a smartphone.
    I am very comfortable using the Note2.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

my sister just came for a visit and was skeptical when i told her yes i did carry it in my pocket and could sit with it there.....not super comfy but doable... i handed it over and she had to admit it fit ok. then i show'd her the spen and various apps using it....she's so sold!!
    Jude526 likes this.

People always think my Note 2 is an iPad mini. I don't even think it's that large anymore...seems normal sized. When I see an iPhone now I think "is that a phone for ants?"
    Last edited by crystinonfire; 02-20-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Thanked by:
    tirith 
    Heifzilla and karsdroid like this.

ROM
    Stock

I am 5'1 with small hands but I love my new note 2! Any bigger and it would be too big, but this size is perfect for me.

I swear every girl I see with a note 2 is hott! Haha

Sent from my Sammy S3

We are confident. Lol

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    da fuq?

"Sets you apart from the norm" What norm are you referring to exactly - you think women can't use larger phones?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Exactly. I actually have more women complain about the size of these phones than men. So seeing women break the standard and go for something bigger is cool.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    skafri likes this.

If you are interested in Jude, just ask her out! :-P

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

I love my Note! I don't even notice how big it is now, I just love that I only have to carry one electronic item with me now and I can do everything I used to need my tablet and phone for. This phone is awesome.

Sent from my Note 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast