All My Contacts Disappeared!

Waynouk

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
If this helps you are not alone, I have the new Blackberry Z10 and the same thing keeps on happening. All my contacts vanish (just leaving a bunch of phone mumbers) and they re-appear after a reeboot. Something aint right!

drrl151

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello all....Id hate to be the guy to deliver the news.... but this happen to me for the first time last night and i have only had the Galaxy S4... Ive tried all the fixes that were posted and none of them worked. NOW heres the "F'd" up part abut this...all my contacts came back on its own ( mind you the last fix i tired was hours ago ) 15 min ago... which tells me this is a issue with Andriods O/S (operating system)... I think if enough of us complain to Google they will get on the ball and fix this BS!!!

Peace

Ben Threlkeld

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: All My Contacts Disappeared! SOLVED

ok so like everyone i had the same thing happen to me on my HTC Sensation XE, all of a sudden all my phone contacts just disappeared, and no matter how i searched i could not seem to recover the lost contact, i tried file recovery apps and software but nothing. now for the solution that worked for me, is that i was in the phonebook managed and hit the option to import/export contacts, and to my surprise when it searched the phone memory for any contact cards it found all my lost contacts and i was able to re-import my lost contacts.

I cannot guarantee this will work for everyone on every phone that has this problem, but it might.

LexLive

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I have done all that, and it does not help.

Didn't work for me.
I use Contacts+ app. Doesn't have the "MORE" option.
I check display ALL CONTACTS, with the Default Contact app, but still does not show.

Last edited by a moderator:

siva_kuna

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Even i am facing the same issue from 29-Jul-2013.. Even after restarting i am not able to restore back all my contacts,, does any one has a solution for this, if so please let me know..
i dont have backup of my contacts too.

Siva

calmyster

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I accidently cleared the cahe in my contacts in settings is there anyway of reversing this they arent saved anywhere else?? Can someone please help? Thanks

mnitdailir

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey I apologise if this is a stupid reply, but the same just happened to me - all of my contacts from my sim appeared to have been deleted. I tried the display contacts thing and it didn't work but restating the phone did.

Anyway I just found by experimenting that if I close the contacts app using a task manager - that's when the problem occurs. So maybe you have an app killer that is closing the contacts app and causing it to happen?

Again, I may be way off but that's what was causing the problem for me so I thought I'd share.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen 3 months out on having the phone. I ended up getting a replacement phone

sent from my amazing Note2

Lubna Kably

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I just joined this group, after a google search for a solution on contacts that have disappeared. I'm a journalist and contacts are my lifeline.I tried to reboot and that didn't work. I removed my SIM card and hey presto the contacts stored on my phone were visible.
When I insert the SIM, it shows contacts loading and it goes on and on and on and no contacts are visible (even as the contacts menu is ticked to show both SIM and phone contacts). I have contacts both on SIM and phone - Not yet on gmail. For now, I am creating a backup of all contacts on the phone to a SD card. It is 3 am in the morning and I am figuring out how to resolve all these problems.
I've read the earlier threads, I even tried rebooting, so far nothing has worked. Well tomorrow is another day, signing off now.

Lubna Kably

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
This follows my earlier post. This is what worked for me, I had to un-synch (if I may use that word) my gmail accounts. I had opted for synch contacts for one of my gmail accounts which probably was the cause of the trouble. After un-synching, I rebooted and then synched gmail account again, but didn't synch contacts. My Android Motorola Fire is now working fine - yeah I needed a QWERTY keypad and hence Fire was my choice.

Martha Armenta

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Very helpful thank you!!!!!!!!
I am not that used to this touch phones and it drove me nuts that I lost all my contacts and just a few were showing!!!!

gracias!

Sue Haddad Sarkis

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I cannot see Contacts ... display contact ... I have people ... can you help.... have a nexus... :(
I saw the conversation,and i tought why not to help you ? So,if you ever have a problem with the contacts list,you must do this couple of steps :
*Go to contacts
*Hit the menu button and select more
*Then go to Display options
*Scroll down and you will see Phone,and SIM under him
If you have your contacts saved in your SIM card hit SIM and select All contacts.
That's all,hope that i helped you :) If you need some more help,feel free to ask me :)

Mohammed Aqil

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have lost my contacts several times, I used to think that my contact list is big, (10,000 and more) it could be the cause, but after going thru the comments, it seems to me it is common problem with note 2.
I dont know how to sort it out :( and there is no proper solution in the market, paid lot of money to solve it. The last solution is to change the phone.