All My Contacts Disappeared!

shay102

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a Pantech and the same thing happened.
I went and deleted a couple thousand text messages and the Contacts came back.
I think its a problem with the memory management and not being able to delete text messages automatically after 30-60 or 90 days. The setting about deleting messages as resources are needed does not work even though I have it turned on.
I believe its an Android software issue not a specific phone brand issue.

mayra caceres

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
This has happened a couple times: I'll open the phone or contacts app and suddenly all my contacts are gone (except for me). Easy enough to get them back: I just power the phone off/on and all is OK again. Then the same thing the next day. This has been a solid phone since Dec 1 but I am now reminded of my Thunderbolt. Anyone have a similar problem?

Please help me all my contacts disppeared

Sarah Palk

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Just uninstalled the Twitter app and suddenly all my contacts showed up again, sync is now working fine. Maybe coincidence; time will tell

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The same thing happened to me so I googled for some answers. I found this thread and read where someone had uninstalled Twitter and it solved the problem. I only installed Twitter a couple of days ago and it coincided with my contacts disappearing. I just uninstalled Twitter, rebooted my phone and...... problem solved! All contact came immediately back!
Thank you :D

Cyber Puddle

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am facing a different issue, most of the contact names have changed to some other name I had saved in my phone and I got to know this on whataspp group when I saw many of my friends with different names texting to me. The phone numbers were saved to different contact names and its very weird.

jdarden1963

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
My husband as the Galaxy S5 Active. Today it lost all contacts and call logs. How do you get it back or can you get it back? It says that it isn't backed up on Google nor At&t address book. We have already checked those.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if the contacts were originally saved to the Google account, or the Phone account? If they were saved to the Phone account only, and there was some glitch that led to their loss, then you won't be able to recover them. This is why one should always strongly consider saving their contacts to their Google account, to avoid mishaps like this.

Muddasir74

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I have Samsung A5, i lost all my contacts, what i do to restore it. even i tried (Contacts to Display-- All Contacts) but it didn't restore my contacts.

Shyam Chawla

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
This has happened a couple times: I'll open the phone or contacts app and suddenly all my contacts are gone (except for me). Easy enough to get them back: I just power the phone off/on and all is OK again. Then the same thing the next day. This has been a solid phone since Dec 1 but I am now reminded of my Thunderbolt. Anyone have a similar problem?

For the first time, has happened immediately after Google update...don't no how to recover... Any solution please advise.

Pauline Johnson1

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

Yes this keeps happening to.me were my contract numbers keep dissapearing

Last edited by a moderator:

Per Hultqvist

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
In my case, (most of) my contacts were stored in an Hotmail account, that the phone just randomly decided to delete from the phone. Once I added that account back (Settings/Accounts/Add account), the contacts were synced back again. And I AM seriously considering moving to iPhone, or go back to my Windows Phone, because of all problems I have hade with my Galaxy S6, dropped phone calls, lost contacts, random reboots etc...

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
If you ever have had a battery problem due to Microsoft Exchange servers that were incorrect and your Note 2, or maybe any Android, Over time that can burnout some of the memory in your phone, it happened to me. The batteries weren't lasting and the phone was always hot and it was all due 2 constant searching for the Microsoft Exchange account servers that were changed and not relayed to us in some way. I saw it when I looked at the battery charge graph. I actually found it first on an LG V10 I had bought as it was doing the same thing. However over time my Galaxy Note 2 fried itself by keeping a lookout for the Microsoft Exchange account. Samsung fixed the phone and now it's fine. It's practically a brand new phone although it's a Note 2. So either that frying of the phone while looking for a Microsoft Exchange account or some other way that the memory could have gotten destroyed caused the problem . I first started to lose Wi-Fi settings , then notes and finally contacts, and I have many many contacts like 4000. Now they are on Google, something I never really wanted to do.

Posted via the Android Central App

Geosch

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Instead of pushing Google products, why don't you get some help on this problem - it certainly looks like it is affecting many people.

Aahana

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello there,
I have the same problem, all my contacts' details disappeared.
I tried to find them from phone contact display options but nothing happened and when I'm trying to a save any new contact it's showing Contact is busy.Try again 😑
Any ideas on how to get them back? Plzz help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21