Sending photos and videos to another Samsung device

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to send multiple photos and videos to another Samsung Galaxy device. The NFC Beam feature works, but I'm only able to send one photo at a time. It's also kind of slow depending on the file size.
I shared a photo using Bluetooth, but the image came out smaller on the other device.
I also saw where you can share via Wifi Direct, but I'm not sure how to get this feature to work, and how it's supposed to be used.
I hoping there's an app that will allow me to transfer multiple files to the other Samsung device using wifi, since wifi speeds are much faster.
I played around with the BuddyShare feature, but couldn't find a way to select and send multiple pictures.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I finally figured out how to use WiFi Direct. I had to go to Settings > WiFi, then click on the WiFi Direct tab in the lower right corner. I then had to do go to the WiFi Direct screen on the other Samsung Galaxy device. The devices would then connect to one another. I was able to transfer files from phone to phone with high speed.
Now I need to find out how to transfer photos via Bluetooth without the photos being converted to a smaller image.

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I finally figured out how to use WiFi Direct. I had to go to Settings > WiFi, then click on the WiFi Direct tab in the lower right corner. I then had to do go to the WiFi Direct screen on the other Samsung Galaxy device. The devices would then connect to one another. I was able to transfer files from phone to phone with high speed.
Now I need to find out how to transfer photos via Bluetooth without the photos being converted to a smaller image.

Nfc can beam multiple photos at once. Just long - click on any photo. Then any other photo you tap will put a green checkmark on it.
Once you're done selecting, then do the s-beam thing and it will transfer everything! I found this out by accident one day!

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Nfc can beam multiple photos at once. Just long - click on any photo. Then any other photo you tap will put a green checkmark on it.
Once you're done selecting, then do the s-beam thing and it will transfer everything! I found this out by accident one day!

Thanks. I'll have to try it out.
Wonder how long it takes to transfer multiple photos?

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I'll have to try it out.
Wonder how long it takes to transfer multiple photos?

I did about 5 or 6 photos and it took about 30 seconds. Not sure of the actual photo file size, but I always shoot at highest resolution.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

It doesn't work with all phones and you have to have the right app on both phones.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I did about 5 or 6 photos and it took about 30 seconds. Not sure of the actual photo file size, but I always shoot at highest resolution.

Do the two phones have to stay near one another during the 30 seconds the photos were transferred?

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Do the two phones have to stay near one another during the 30 seconds the photos were transferred?

I'm not really sure how close they need to stay. I know they don't need to stay touching, but when I've done the transfer as soon as the screen says that I can separate them I walk away maybe 5 or 10 feet and it seems to work okay.

Maybe someone who knows how it really works can chime in. I'm not sure if it's a form of Bluetooth or what.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae