Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By SiriusXM
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My S Pen is acting up after I dropped My GN2 in water.

After dropping my GN2 in the water the S Pen is not acting correctly. When I hover the S Pen over the screen instead of just showing the little blue circle that shows that it is in Air View the S Pen can swipe through homescreens and navigate the OS while hovering over the screen which I know is not normal. I am not talking about the Air View features, I am talking about the S Pen being able to select apps and draw as well ad manipulating the display without even touching the screen. Any help?
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: My S Pen is acting up after I dropped My GN2 in water.

Try taking the back off and letting it soak in rice for a few days? As you said it went in water... Malfunctions are kinda expected.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

I would go to a cell phone store and try their s pen on display. It may just be a pen problem and not a phone issue. My s pen acted just like that out of the box. They tried telling me it was a software issue but the floor model s pen worked perfectly on my phone. I tried to simply get a new pen but they insisted on giving me a whole new phone instead. It sounds like a pen problem to me.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I haven't let it dry in rice yet but I have let it dry. To be honest I think that it's sort of cool that I can now operate the phone without touching the screen.

Your headline is like saying my girlfriend is acting up after I slapped her. Or my boss is acting up after I cursed him out lol. Dude what do you expect though? You dropped your phone in water! Be glad that you can still turn it on.

Galaxy Note 2 - Tapatalk HD 2 - Best Buy - SiriusXM Radio

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXM View Post
    Your headline is like saying my girlfriend is acting up after I slapped her. Or my boss is acting up after I cursed him out lol. Dude what do you expect though? You dropped your phone in water! Be glad that you can still turn it on.

exactly... sorry to hear about your issue though
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Guess what? After a day of it acting up the S Pen now works without a hitch! Weird, right?

This is common with S-pen. Was very common with GNote 1 but usually solved by banging the s'pen hard on the desk. My SPen on my GN2 acted up like this 2 days after got it likewise they would not replace the pen without replacing the phone so I bought new one.

When and if this happens again, if your screen is working fine and you can still use your phone, try recalibrating the S-Pen... I know it's somewhere in the settings. When getting the pen wet or banging it on the desk as someone else said, you probably messed up either the sensors in the screen or the inductive stuff within your pen. This can cause the phone to 'think' you're pressing against the screen even though you're not. Re-Calibrating the S-Pen should do the trick and bring things back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless- View Post
    exactly... sorry to hear about your issue though
    Lol they weren't real issues. I just gave an example. No truth behind those statements at all lol. Thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXM View Post
    Lol they weren't real issues. I just gave an example. No truth behind those statements at all lol. Thanks though!

He was quoting you to make a point to the original poster.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

I dropped my S Pen in the water. I won't say which water. But it has the same malfunction that you are explaining. I'll give it a couple days and see if whatever got wet dries out. Thanks.