iPhone 4 > Lumia 920 > Note 2???

AZBrowncoat

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Purchased a Lumia 920 in November to replace my iPhone4 (wanted something bigger) and thought I would try Windows Phone 8 with the expectation of some interesting stuff with the integration of Xbox live etc...

However, I'm on my THIRD Lumia 920 under warranty and am really starting to get PO'd and have been looking at the possibility of ditching the Lumia 920 for a Note 2.

Any input from users that are coming from iOS and/or Windows Phone?

LordGreylock

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I went from iPhone 5 to a Lumia 920 and now a Note 2 and I have no regrets, I went through two Lumia 920's and still had strange issues with it and I kept waiting months and months for some apps to be released and they never came. The iPhone 5 is a good phone but I can get so much more done on my Note 2. I still have my iPhone 5 and jailbroke it the day the jailbreak was available and still with a bunch of tweaks it doesn't compare to my Note.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Haha. The post title makes it look like you are saying an iphone is better than a lumia which is better than a note 2. That's why I had to check out this thread. Thought someone needed rehab

sent from Galaxy Note 2

balzebub

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I moved from iPhone 5 to lumia 920 for the bigger screen and also to try out Windows phone 8, the OS was okay but battery drain on the lumia was crazy, had to charge my phone twice a day on light to moderate usage and the techs at Nokia care refused to admit that there was a problem with the phone, so I moved on to the note 2 and so far so good.:beer:

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea. Every time I see a Windows phone commercial I chuckle. I think to myself, I wonder how fast the battery drains with all those live widgets on the main screen. Windows is dead in the water in the office and tablet world. I have yet to see a person with a Windows tablet. So much money wasted on marketing with those commercials with the detachable keyboards. Lmao

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of those commercials I personally think they are stupid. Instead of showing what the phone can do I felt like I was watching you got served lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia920 and a note 2. I see no worse battery drain on the Lumia than I do on the note 2. The note 2 just has a bigger battery so it will obviously last longer throughout the normal day. I do have numerous live tiles on my home screen and don't see any unusual battery drain.

The issue with Windows Phone and the apps is that developers won't put out the highly requested apps because there isn't a large demand on the platform yet. It has yet to be seen if the platform will grow to compete directly with ios or Android due to this lack of acceptance from users.

I also have a windows pro tablet from Dell and a Galaxy Note 10 that I am using now. My reason for both, cell phones and tablets, is the same reason. I have apps that are on Android and ios only, and I will never use an apple device again.

As for the tv ads, that is just marketing. They are catering to a crowd of younger people that are more in tune with the dubstep music and such. I mean, if they can sell the tablets to the younger kids that aren't already hooked on ipads, they could get a foothold in the tablet market.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678