1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music Player doesn't see the music on my SD car, but...

Google Play Music does. There is no feature to rescan the SD car, from within the Music Player app. It is not a downloaded app, so I can't uninstall/reinstall.

Any ideas to get Music Player to see the music already on the card? I looked throughout the SD card for "nomedia" files, found some, deleted one that was under Music folder but that deletion didn't help.

BTW, as a test, I deleted an album, reloaded it onto the SD card and the Music Player immediately saw that album. I am not going to do that for 1600 songs...
    Samsung Note 2

Default Re: Music Player doesn't see the music on my SD car, but...

You may have to bruh. A lot of files that played in my previous phone weren't playing on my GS3 and I had to put them back in. They needed to be converted by Windows Media and now they all play. Maybe someone will have a better solution but from my experience, I had to delete them and add them back again

I am Samsungma Bin Laden, leader of the Android Taliban. I will blow up 1,000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android
    Thanked by:

If deleting/reloading solved your problem, why don't you copy all the contents from your SD Card into your computer, erase everything from SD, re-load onto SD Card? It's not that much of a hassle...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

yes it is. I don't want to have my phone hooked up for an extended period.
    Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    yes it is. I don't want to have my phone hooked up for an extended period.
    He's right, it won't take long. Songs transfer rather quickly. If you're using windows to just drag the songs to the sd card in the phone, when it asks to "convert because if you don't the files may not play in your device" just hit "same action for all files" and they will all convert and play now. Won't take that long.

I am Samsungma Bin Laden, leader of the Android Taliban. I will blow up 1,000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android