anyone else wish the home button can light up or at least glow in the dark....

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

in normal lighting conditions, this is not a problem... but I fly a lot and it's
annoying when I can't see the home button. yes, I can feel around the
bottom of the screen and press it, but still....

I wonder if there's a small glow-in-the-dark sticker that's bright enough
for such purposes? :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
i can easily feel it. I know it's in the center (left to right), plus it is a physical button that I can feel. it is what it is and you aren't going to get it to glow. :)

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
They may make a glue in the dark one to fit over the annoying Verizon logo... which would be able to be used on all the phones

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I like the physical button; it gives me a reference for where everything else is, something hard to have with capacitive or touch controls (try to 'guess' where the 'next' or 'pause' button on your player is without looking...)

If it glowed with an inner LED that would be soooo cool... like the XPeria hack that lets the bottom bar light up as a notification LED. I guess you can buy any glow-in-the-dark sticker and just cut it to the shape of the home button and slap it on. But if you fly a lot, odds are the sticker wont' last lit up for long...

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I hear Verizon is going to put a bright LED behind the button, reverse their logo and make it translucent so that you're going to feel like your calling for Batman when you turn the phone on and it lights up the walls with their branding.

Of course that'll be murder on the battery life, but what will Verizon care about that...

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I hear Verizon is going to put a bright LED behind the button, reverse their logo and make it translucent so that you're going to feel like your calling for Batman when you turn the phone on and it lights up the walls with their branding.

Of course that'll be murder on the battery life, but what will Verizon care about that...

I freaking lol'd

+1 internets for you good sir.

Zavien Davis

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

in normal lighting conditions, this is not a problem... but I fly a lot and it's
annoying when I can't see the home button. yes, I can feel around the
bottom of the screen and press it, but still....

I wonder if there's a small glow-in-the-dark sticker that's bright enough
for such purposes? :)