Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Music players and headphones.

What kind of set up for music are you guys rockin'? I use to use my Lg tone+ but now use Beats by dre wireless and the N.C Bose wireless ones. All sound awesome. My music player is poweramp. Love the equalizer settings and all the tweaks i can make to make my music perfect just how i wanna hear it. :thumbup: As you can tell by my preference, i love wireless headphones that range in size. How about you guys? Wireless or wired? Ear buds or cans? Music Player? Share!

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

Default Re: Music players and headphones.

Currently using PowerAmp as my player as it provides the most options that allow smooth playback. I like to sort by Artist and then by Album, and not all players do that so it limits my options.

As for headphones, currently using my old Apple buds until I can find a replacement. Most buds now a days are noise cancelling and I can't use those for work since I need to hear people around me. Makes it hard to find a proper set of buds with music control without noise cancelling.

I had some recommendations on the ZAGG smartbuds, but that wire system doesn't suit my tastes. It really is annoying around the neck and ears with wires everywhere.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
    Currently using PowerAmp as my player as it provides the most options that allow smooth playback. I like to sort by Artist and then by Album, and not all players do that so it limits my options.

As for headphones, currently using my old Apple buds until I can find a replacement. Most buds now a days are noise cancelling and I can't use those for work since I need to hear people around me. Makes it hard to find a proper set of buds with music control without noise cancelling.

I had some recommendations on the ZAGG smartbuds, but that wire system doesn't suit my tastes. It really is annoying around the neck and ears with wires everywhere.
    I got an email about those. Zagg claims their awesome and that they're the "best sounding" that if their not they'll give you money back. Bold statement lol. Also have you looked at the iphone 5 headphones? They sound great.

Rockfish bluetooth hd stereo headphones. Nothing but wireless

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:

Bose IE2 earbuds. Love them. Gel tips stay in ear and are comfortable. I easily forget their on.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    SenseMonkey and alamarco like this.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Have you guys found compatible headphones with volume and mic controls like the stock ones? I only find iphone compatible versions.
    alamarco likes this.

ROM
    Stock

and

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    I got an email about those. Zagg claims their awesome and that they're the "best sounding" that if their not they'll give you money back. Bold statement lol. Also have you looked at the iphone 5 headphones? They sound great.

I got mine free a while ago, they were a throw in for ordering so many ZAGG shields at once. The sound is good on them, I just hate the cord system. It's their innovation, and I'm sure most people won't mind it, just not comfortable for me.

I tried the new iPhone 5 headphones before I returned my iPhone 5. They're a decent set, exactly what I need really, but they only work on the iPhone. The volume control won't work on Android.

I feel the stock ear buds are great and will be just as good as any other ear buds in a $40 price range. I can't find anything better with volume and a pause skip button unless you go into the $60 to $80 price range. If you're going to spend that you mind as well get the $120 head phones that come with the Android app. If you're not planning on spending that much then really, you are not going to notice much of a difference. The stock EHS60 ear buds are just that good and can be bought for around 8 bucks. The only thing I feel the stock ear buds lack is durability but the price makes up for that.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

Lg tone with google play music or slacker. I also picked up a pair of knock off beats for $5 that sound better than the real thing
    Macbook Air 13" 2013 | iMac 27' 2011 | iPhone 5s 64GB | Nexus 5 32GB
    visit me at www.thegeeksoffice.com

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    Have you guys found compatible headphones with volume and mic controls like the stock ones? I only find iphone compatible versions.
    My stock ones are still in out of the box state. Never used them because I use bluetooth. I really don't understand why anyone would use anything else but wireless,, that's just me. In any case I will hold on to the stock ones because they really are very nice.

love my evo.
    Bryan Lucas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by raziel View Post
    Lg tone with google play music or slacker. I also picked up a pair of knock off beats for $5 that sound better than the real thing
    Where do u find them at??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Onemoa View Post
    I feel the stock ear buds are great and will be just as good as any other ear buds in a $40 price range. I can't find anything better with volume and a pause skip button unless you go into the $60 to $80 price range. If you're going to spend that you mind as well get the $120 head phones that come with the Android app. If you're not planning on spending that much then really, you are not going to notice much of a difference. The stock EHS60 ear buds are just that good and can be bought for around 8 bucks. The only thing I feel the stock ear buds lack is durability but the price makes up for that.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    My stock ones are still in out of the box state. Never used them because I use bluetooth. I really don't understand why anyone would use anything else but wireless,, that's just me. In any case I will hold on to the stock ones because they really are very nice.

What cell provider are you guys w/? My note 2 didnt come with headphones..

Winamp, though the latest update has introduced major skipping if its not the last app you were using when you lock the screen. Aside from that it's still my favorite player, and of course google music for the other 5k songs that I can't fit on the phone.

As for headphones I am currently using 2, a kinivio bluetooth headphone for work and a Koss Portapro set for home.

While on long drives I stream music to my belkin bluetooth receiver which plugs into my aux jack. Works pretty well so far.

PowerAmp and stock Samsung buds for me.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nelonez View Post
    Where do u find them at??

Was on vacation and left my head phones at home. Picked it up at an electronics store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Macbook Air 13" 2013 | iMac 27' 2011 | iPhone 5s 64GB | Nexus 5 32GB
    visit me at www.thegeeksoffice.com

What cell provider are you guys w/? My note 2 didnt come with headphones..

Sprint. Came with best ones I ever seen out of the box.

love my evo.
    SenseMonkey likes this.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Nexus 7
    Slacker Radio, Pandora and Google Music
    Equalizer
    Shure SE215, VSonic gr07
    Fiio E06 portable amplifier

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Use Google play music everyday listening to some rise against and dropkick Murphys. My earphones are klipsch s42A. These are some of the best earphones that you can get for around $100.

sent from my jelly bean flavored note 2

What kind of set up for music are you guys rockin'? I use to use my Lg tone+ but now use Beats by dre wireless and the N.C Bose wireless ones. All sound awesome. My music player is poweramp. Love the equalizer settings and all the tweaks i can make to make my music perfect just how i wanna hear it. :thumbup: As you can tell by my preference, i love wireless headphones that range in size. How about you guys? Wireless or wired? Ear buds or cans? Music Player? Share!

Im running power amp vrs 1.1 with beats audio thru a pair of skullcandy hesh II cans with a single wire on an evo design the sound is unreal and i find myself walking around jamming to metal looking like im bout to launch an f.16 off an air craft carrier! but it sounds so good idc. all the apps i got for free from either blackmart alpa or 4shared you must have root for the beats and there are two apps in blackmart one almost bricked my phone when i installed it! that partic beats app has a warning before you install dont use that one use the other the installer one i think! p.s. if you decide to buy a pair of skullc. dont go with the skullcrusher go for the hesh II they cost the same around 70 bones! but the hesh II blow the s.crushers away in sound quality! they are also bout 200 bones cheaper than beats by dre.and come with a bag and you can use the earphone cable to audio out to say a car stereo or other device were the skullcrushers are fixed and has a dumb amp thing that eats bat. fast and gets in your way! well thats my set up hope this helps someone! keep rocking..............................................................................................................METAL! pss the beats audio app is not a player it just makes the sound quality sound better and kicks on when you plug in headphones sklcndy hsh II + poweramp + beats audio = one happy camper! now if i can just get s off on evo d. foe g

Ohh dear god u poor people using crummy buds spend some Money buy a set of good cans you will thank me later I'm using power amp as my main music player along with audio technica ath-m50 awesome headphones along with a fiio Fujiyama E06 head phone amplifier killer set up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Music players and headphones.-uploadfromtaptalk1361089052233.jpg   Music players and headphones.-uploadfromtaptalk1361089087904.jpg  
    gilgastelum21 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessbass View Post
    Ohh dear god u poor people using crummy buds spend some Money buy a set of good cans you will thank me later I'm using power amp as my main music player along with audio technica ath-m50 awesome headphones along with a fiio Fujiyama E06 head phone amplifier killer set up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm happy with my Bose IE2 but no doubt you have better headphones. I use mine at work a lot and can't have over the head headphones on so I got the best I could for both sound and comfort. Nice setup though. I like it a lot.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Uselessbass likes this.

I'm using Poweramp as my music player of choice, with voodoo sound control and i'm listening through my Sennheiser IE8s. Life is good

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Uselessbass likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBricks View Post
    I'm using Poweramp as my music player of choice, with voodoo sound control and i'm listening through my Sennheiser IE8s. Life is good

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    $333 on Amazon?! Whoa, do they sound that great? I love the sound of my Bose IE2 and the comfort of the gel tips but for the price of $100 compared to the $333 of yours how big of a difference must it be?

ROM
    Stock

one does the job for its price that wont break your wallet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast