- 1 Posts
Does Tmobile Note 2 have to be unlocked to change APN for Straight Talk?
Hi guys. I am a big technology dunce, so I am sure that this is a stupid question. I recently switched to Straight Talk and bought the Tmobile SIM for my Mytouch 4G slide, but the phone is unlocked because I needed to use it overseas. I now want to buy a Note II on ebay. If I buy a Tmobile Note II on ebay, will I be able to use the SIM that I have (I know I need to have it cut down, but I think they will do that at the Tmobile store) and still be able to add the new Straight Talk APN settings, or does the phone have to be completely unlocked to add a new APN?
- 02-18-2013, 01:26 PM #2
- 287 Posts
Re: Does Tmobile Note 2 have to be unlocked to change APN for Straight Talk?
Yes it will need to be unlocked to use any carrier other than T-mobile. I wanted my phone unlocked so I told T-mobile I was going overseas and needed it unlocked so I could use it there and they sent me an email with the code and instructions on unlocking the phone for free. Note: It is as of Jan 27, 2013 illegal to unlock a phone without the carriers permission in the USA.Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE
- 02-19-2013, 05:35 PM #3
Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House
- 170 Posts
- By bwil18 in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 6Last Post: 02-08-2013, 04:51 PM
- By the2ndflood in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-05-2012, 09:04 AM
- By stacell in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 2Last Post: 02-04-2011, 04:03 PM
- By saywhat in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 0Last Post: 08-28-2010, 08:08 PM
- By Ripcode in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 08-03-2010, 11:25 AM