Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I want the Galaxy Note 2!!...

But, I currently have the Galaxy S3. I don't know the best way to sell this phone and get the phone I've wanted for months now. I'm mainly concerned about a newer, better phone coming out right after I buy this one. I know tech moves fast, but I just don't want to get this phone and have a new one out in a month or two. Please help me out folks! Thanks!

Default Re: I want the Galaxy Note 2!!...

Next phone that will be better then the note 2 is the note 3 so no need to worry.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I know that, but we don't even know when that's coming out. So I'm not worried about that at the moment. I'm worried about a phone that we may not know about or a phone that we do know about but just don't know when it's available for purchase.

Cl or ebay will net the most money. The note 2 is a great phone. Is a better phone coming down the line? Maybe, that's a risk, but for me, honestly, I don't anticipate another 5.5"+ phone coming out in the next month or two.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

If you know the note 3 will be the next phone that is better then the note 2 then what are you worried about?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by EatMyTracers View Post
    If you know the note 3 will be the next phone that is better then the note 2 then what are you worried about?
    To be honest, I really don't. I mean, does anyone?

You can get the note 2 for $ 80 on contract on Verizon. Even with etf right away, you are looking at $430. You should be able to get close to that much for the gs3 on ebay or cl. And in a month or two, i am pretty sure that the note 2 used should be at least that much.

Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

There are always going to be new releases. I am very happy with my Nothing. I sure don't want anything larger for a phone. But that's my opinion.
    You have a great phone in the S3. But the Note2 is awesome. Can try selling on this site. Craigslist. Ebay.
    Or jeep your phone and wait!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Spencerdl likes this.

Keep*****

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Keep*****

You're happy with your Nothing? Poor neglected Note II.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    zmann likes this.

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TechNut79 View Post
    But, I currently have the Galaxy S3. I don't know the best way to sell this phone and get the phone I've wanted for months now. I'm mainly concerned about a newer, better phone coming out right after I buy this one. I know tech moves fast, but I just don't want to get this phone and have a new one out in a month or two. Please help me out folks! Thanks!
    Not to be a ***** or anything but if you wanted the Note 2, why did you get the GS3 at the first place? Or did you already have the S3 before the Note 2 came out?

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post

Freaking Eclipse. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    Not to be a ***** or anything but if you wanted the Note 2, why did you get the GS3 at the first place? Or did you already have the S3 before the Note 2 came out?

Freaking Eclipse. LOL
    I was teasing her because she said JEEP instead of KEEP but posted again to clarify. She however missed NOTHING and neglected her Note II.

Poor phone is nothing to her.

Carrier
    Stock

I was teasing her because she said JEEP instead of KEEP but posted again to clarify. She however missed NOTHING and neglected her Note II.

Poor phone is nothing to her.

Keep the Jeep? LOL
    Eclipse2K likes this.

I listed my S3 on Craigslist and had it sold in an hour and tons contacted me about it. I would list it for $350-$400.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

We should send out a rescue party to rescue that poor neglected Note II and find a new home for it.

Eclipse2K likes this.

The question is, why do you want to upgrade from an S3 to a Note II? The Note II does have a larger screen, s-pen and multi-view. If you wanted to upgrade for example because of the larger screen, then you can't really go wrong with the Note II. If you just want to have the latest and greatest phone, really, my S3 and Note II run about the same, save the 3 points above.

And what is important to you? For example, the DNA has 200% the number of pixels as the Note II, on a substantially smaller screen, and it has wireless charging. If the highest pixel density is important to you, then for you, the DNA may be the best phone out there.

Really, only you can decide what is the best phone, and whether or not it's worth it to upgrade. But, IMO, don't just get the Note II just because it is the latest and greatest, get it because it provides some improvement to you.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Sorry everyone. Didn't realize I'd cause a ruckus. Just wanted some opinions and suggestions. I'll leave you all alone now. Back to my Samsung Galaxy S3.

There was 3 phones I looked at before purchasing my Galaxy S3, the Note 2, Droid DNA, and of course SG3........their ALL VERY GOOD smartphones. For me it came down to a flip of the coin..... SG3 WON

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    and it [Droid DNA] has wireless charging.
    To be fair, our Note 2 has wireless charging as well (As do all Notes). Just takes a little effort on our part thanks to good 'ole Big Red.

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    The question is, why do you want to upgrade from an S3 to a Note II? The Note II does have a larger screen, s-pen and multi-view. If you wanted to upgrade for example because of the larger screen, then you can't really go wrong with the Note II. If you just want to have the latest and greatest phone, really, my S3 and Note II run about the same, save the 3 points above.
    You forgot to add the AWESOME battery life.

Lol. Darn auto text. Note2.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    You forgot to add the AWESOME battery life.
    It lasts about as long as my Droid razr maxx, and certainly excellent, but the gs3, while not as good, is still pretty good, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by kris.richards View Post
    To be fair, our Note 2 has wireless charging as well (As do all Notes). Just takes a little effort on our part thanks to good 'ole Big Red.
    My biggest concern is warranty. If you ever send it in for service, they will see the cutout. Also, I would imagine that a number of phones can do wireless charging with physical modifications as well, perhaps more extensive than on the note 2 though.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I think you can add few money to buy Galaxy Note III. Becasue Note III have many function and faster.

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by whiteskyen View Post
    I think you can add few money to buy Galaxy Note III. Becasue Note III have many function and faster.
    Yea but who wants to wait till November/December if you need a phone NOW?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast