Why I'm going back to stock ROM.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You don't need root to disable the app. It already came with ICS. I'm still on non-rooted stock rom and already disabled some of tmobile app

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2
Well, I'm on Beans Version 10 ROM now. So all the bloatware is gone except for the mobile hotspot. :D

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I unlocked bootloader and was running cleanrom 3.5 on my note 2 for months but I hated that I lost allshare cast in the process and if you notice all of your templates that are meant to be used with the spen are gone you have the basics but most of the templates are removed also I ended up deciding to go back to stock and than after I did so I also recived the exynos exploit patch which we are suppose to be able to work around and still root and I was unable to so I went into odin to recovery my stock recovery and it failed and now im in between a halfway rooted back to stock slash the phone seems bricked does anyone know anyway to work around my issue .The only thing I can think of is that ota not only pathched up but will not let you go back to stock recovery vralljb ..Does any pro out there know what I can do otherwise im in the hole about $400 on this device I definitely feel all hope is lost and I have done my fairshare of rooting this is not new to me ive never bricked I get a message on my screen saying attempting to do a firmware upgrade please visit kies for support

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
and to c mathews I just came from stock and was getting about 9 on screen time and about 2 days stock and on cleanrom I was getting 5 hours on screen time and maybe a day and half of battery life so go figure and I have everything enabled the only thing I would change about stock is having all apps enabled in muti touch dont care for mobile hotspot much I use my internet here at the house how often do I really whip out my phone to use it as a mobile hotspot never this phone is great its a feaking computer anything I need to do on a computer I can do on this beast and with all of these kickass launchers you can get the look and feel of aosp or whatever floats your fanny ..I wonder if there is a way to enable all apps muti touch without rooting the phone ? Unless your just board easy and a flashaholic addict find one stable rom and stick with it or dont root and enjoy what you have if your new to rooting I would highly reccomend you get some help being this phone is a little more complex and there are several stages in order to root and unlock bootloader and than flash another rom

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I unlocked bootloader and was running cleanrom 3.5 on my note 2 for months but I hated that I lost allshare cast in the process and if you notice all of your templates that are meant to be used with the spen are gone you have the basics but most of the templates are removed also I ended up deciding to go back to stock and than after I did so I also recived the exynos exploit patch which we are suppose to be able to work around and still root and I was unable to so I went into odin to recovery my stock recovery and it failed and now im in between a halfway rooted back to stock slash the phone seems bricked does anyone know anyway to work around my issue .The only thing I can think of is that ota not only pathched up but will not let you go back to stock recovery vralljb ..Does any pro out there know what I can do otherwise im in the hole about $400 on this device I definitely feel all hope is lost and I have done my fairshare of rooting this is not new to me ive never bricked I get a message on my screen saying attempting to do a firmware upgrade please visit kies for support

You say it seems bricked. What are you seeing when you turn it on?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I so agree with you. I'm waiting for a debloated deodexed rooted stock rom. I'm stock and just rooted but someday I will be pleasantly surprised so I keep searching. I love my gnote 2 best fon I ever owned

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't root. Am happy as is. And it has been the best phone ever. I want the Note2 but am sure by next yr Samsung will have more!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app