Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

Why do people think you can not shrink the keyboard to one side for one handed use? It is beyond me.
    Kelly Kearns and TheOtherBill like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fade2black101 View Post
    I need to get one of these 3 inch thumbs.. It would seem they are all the rage nowadays.
    You do realize it has a "one hand" setting, right?

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advice on Note 2 please?-uploadfromtaptalk1361762305570.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
    Johnly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    Correct, people who are denying this are living in denial... it's a great phone but for some people it's gonna take some time to adjust due to the size of the phone, nothing wrong with being honest about it.

I really dislike ultimate fanboys of any brand, defending the obvious whenever they feel disrespected over what someone said.

I have a iphone 5, small, tiny phone and I almost scored a note 2 this weekend. Will I? I'm still debating on the size of it and I'm 6 feet 185
    No one is denying it takes time to get used to. Honestly if someone knows what this phone is and doesn't realize the size will take time to get used to, then they are not smart enough to operate a smartphone.

Only one person in denial here and that is one denying that some of us have adjusted and can operate it with one hand.

Thanked by 2:
    alamarco likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post

Yeah but simple things like bringing up and down the notifcation bar require you to shift the phone up and down to reach it. This brings new problems when walking and trying to make sure it doesn't slip out the hand.

I don't use any of the one handed features though. I just "shift" the phone. If there was a simple toggle for it I'd probably use it more.

Yeah but simple things like bringing up and down the notifcation bar require you to shift the phone up and down to reach it. This brings new problems when walking and trying to make sure it doesn't slip out the hand.
    That can be done with one hand, you don't have to hold it just at the bottom.

I don't use any of the one handed features though. I just "shift" the phone. If there was a simple toggle for it I'd probably use it more.
    BUT... why do you care so much if some of us can do this?

I could care less who gets a N2 that isn't me, no reason for me to lie about it.

Thanked by:
    alamarco likes this.

There is an option and you choose what functions to do they with. It is also in the Samsung keyboard options.

BUT... why do you care so much if some of us can do this?

I could care less who gets a N2 that isn't me, no reason for me to lie about it.

I don't "care"

I'm just pointing out that no one can.

It is not possible to reach the whole screen with your thumb without holding it differently loosening the grip and shifting the phone slightly depending on where you're trying to reach.

And that is not an opinion. It is logic given the dimensions of the screen. Why people are suggesting otherwise is a mystery to me.

I wonder why people get so defensive when someone points out an obvious point about a phone of this size?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

And this works for us well! They can move on.......it is a good thing
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

There is an option and you choose what functions to do they with. It is also in the Samsung keyboard options.

Im aware of this but I mainly use full mode and don't fancy going through the settings constantly switching. If there was a quick toggle in the notification bar or something then I'd be more inclined to make use of it.

I don't "care"

I'm just pointing out that no one can.

It is not possible to reach the whole screen with your thumb without holding it differently loosening the grip and shifting the phone slightly depending on where you're trying to reach.

And that is not an opinion. It is logic given the dimensions of the screen. Why people are suggesting otherwise is a mystery to me.
    Maybe if you are a kid or have freakishly small hands. I'm 5-1, petite, small hands. I don't "have the hands" to play classical music on the piano either, but I do and I can reach beyond one octave and it isn't abnormal.

kurosenpai and alamarco like this.

Im aware of this but I mainly use full mode and don't fancy going through the settings constantly switching. If there was a quick toggle in the notification bar or something then I'd be more inclined to make use of it.
    Up to you but I'm not going to go on and on about how you can or can do something because I'm not you and it would be stupid for me to make an assumption about you..

Thanked by:

Maybe if you are a kid or have freakishly small hands. I'm 5-1, petite, small hands. I don't "have the hands" to play classical music on the piano either, but I do and I can reach beyond one octave and it isn't abnormal.

Oh whatever

There is probably very few people in the world who can hold this phone how they would hold a normal phone and their thumb can reach anywhere on the screen with no adjustment.

It is just not true and that isn't an opinion. It's common sense based on the size of human hands. You have to have a seriously super long thumb to manage that.

Maybe you have misunderstood what I meant, as it is absurd that anyone would argue otherwise. Even with a 4.3" phone you need an ever so slight adjustment to reach the top corners.

Oh whatever

There is probably very few people in the world who can hold this phone how they would hold a normal phone and their thumb can reach anywhere on the screen with no adjustment.

It is just not true and that isn't an opinion. It's common sense based on the size of human hands. You have to have a seriously super long thumb to manage that.

Maybe you have misunderstood what I meant, as it is absurd that anyone would argue otherwise. Even with a 4.3" phone you need an ever so slight adjustment to reach the top corners.
    I think you are being over the top and can't admit when you are wrong.

Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

We have it, they don't. That sums it up I think.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advice on Note 2 please?-uploadfromtaptalk1361764333427.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Johnly and kurosenpai like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jasongeiger View Post
    Everyone doesn't have that in their notification or the ability to modify their notification bar, depends on the carrier. AT&T took that option to modify from us.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

You could not just leave it be....lmao!

I think you are being over the top and can't admit when you are wrong.

Haha riiiite

Yeah you're correct. A phone with a 5.5" screen is perfectly easy to hold normally and our super duper thumbs can navigate the far reaching corners with ease.

You're not in denial at all though. You're spot on about it and it's a mystery why Apple (who believe phones should be primarily used one handed) won't go over 4" on a phone while taking the effort to keep the same width as the 3.8" iphone 4. Crazy move by Apple since according to you it makes no difference whatsoever.

Yep I definately believe you that you can hold this phone normally and reach everywhere with your standard size thumb. I apologise for suggesting it wasn't humanly possible
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Haha riiiite

Yeah you're correct. A phone with a 5.5" screen is perfectly easy to hold normally and our super duper thumbs can navigate the far reaching corners with ease.

You're not in denial at all though. You're spot on about it and it's a mystery why Apple (who believe phones should be primarily used one handed) won't go over 4" on a phone while taking the effort to keep the same width as the 3.8" iphone 4. Crazy move by Apple since according to you it makes no difference whatsoever.

Yep I definately believe you that you can hold this phone normally and reach everywhere with your standard size thumb. I apologise for suggesting it wasn't humanly possible
    It works for her and never will for you. What is the point of debating it?
    Thanked by:
    kurosenpai likes this.

Yep. Don't have that though or the option of using it in the notification panel settings. Maybe it's carrier specific since my one is an international unbranded?

Oh whatever

I think your hands must be on the small side. I have a nexus 4 and with my pinky on the bottom of the phone and 3 fingers on the back I can easily reach the top left and right corners. On my note I can reach the top without having to slide my hand up the phone. I'm a pretty average guy 5'11 170lbs

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Everyone doesn't have that in their notification or the ability to modify their notification bar, depends on the carrier. AT&T took that option to modify from us.

I'm on Verizon. It didn't even come with the splanner widget, blocking mode or that toggle but hmm its there now lol. And not that ugly stock touchwiz color either.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    It works for her and never will for you. What is the point of debating it?
    I'm happy it works for her and she loves the phone and that's what matters.

I'm just saying it is not humanly possible to do what she is suggesting.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

And that is that lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy it works for her and she loves the phone and that's what matters.

I'm just saying it is not humanly possible to do what she is suggesting.
    But you do not have evidence of that, so it is futile to debate.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast