Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 104
Like Tree49Likes
  1. #76  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by jasongeiger View Post
    I'm on Verizon. It didn't even come with the splanner widget, blocking mode or that toggle but hmm its there now lol. And not that ugly stock touchwiz color either.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    I get some options I can use but unfortunately doesn't allow me to include one handed in the notification bar.

    Hopefully we get it on an update in future.
  2. #77  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    FYI, I have seen chicks do amazing things with their thumbs. No way am I picking that debate up!
    lpt2569 and jasongeiger like this.
  3. #78  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    I think your hands must be on the small side. I have a nexus 4 and with my pinky on the bottom of the phone and 3 fingers on the back I can easily reach the top left and right corners. On my note I can reach the top without having to slide my hand up the phone. I'm a pretty average guy 5'11 170lbs

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nah I'd say they're pretty average sized and you have to alter the way you hold the phone. That's how I hold the phone too and it's not exactly as comfortable as smaller phones and the 3 finger claw grip doesn't seem as secure as holding it normally.

    Also, the nexus is smaller and the original note is shorter.
  4. #79  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by fade2black101 View Post
    Yep. Don't have that though or the option of using it in the notification panel settings. Maybe it's carrier specific since my one is an international unbranded?
    If I had the international version I'd be running omega rom. I'm kinda jealous, except for the lte part. I'm running a custom stock based rom with a omega theme called moto moto that's why it looks a lot different.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  5. #80  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by fade2black101 View Post
    I'm happy it works for her and she loves the phone and that's what matters.

    I'm just saying it is not humanly possible to do what she is suggesting.
    Right it is not humanly possible to do, therfore I must not be human..SMH.

    Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
    Thanked by:
    alamarco likes this.
  6. #81  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by jasongeiger View Post
    If I had the international version I'd be running omega rom. I'm kinda jealous, except for the lte part. I'm running a custom stock based rom with a omega theme called moto moto that's why it looks a lot different.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Long story but I need to stick with stock rooted roms and kernels to enable a quick toggle of root so I can use this specific app which doesn't work on rooted devices. Tricking it to not see root only works on stock unfortunately.
  7. #82  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Right it is not humanly possible to do, therfore I must not be human..SMH.

    Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
    Well it's not is it? You're honestly telling us you can reach everywhere on the screen with your thumb whilst holding the phone normally and without adjustment?

    Not sure why you're trying to argue that point. Even the reviewers on youtube with massive hands couldn't manage it.
  8. #83  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    LOVE IT!!!!!!!


    I am an APPLE user all the way with MacBook Pros, iTouches,iPads, iPhones and had no reason to ever change to anything but a new iPhone...until i saw the Note 2 and instantly it was love. I discarded my iPhone immediately and bought this outright. Yup, paid $800 plus in just a matter of a few minutes and let me tell you I am far from rich and don't throw money around, nor can I, but I WAS THAT sure that this was the phone for me and I have now had it about 2 months and not once have I regretted it.

    I gave my iPhone to the hubby but was offered a brand new Note 1 yesterday for $200 so I grabbed it and tossed the iPhone...LOL

    In any event, I do a lot of reading online, browsing the news and its perfect for this. Never has reading anything online been as enjoyable. I have an ipad but I have no reason for it now.
    This is easier to carry and the screen size is good enough for me that I find it much more worthwhile to carry this than an iPad.

    I dont find it too big as some say, although admittedly, I like the bigger screen and see no reason for one larger. Get it, you will never regret your decision!
    lpt2569 likes this.
  9. #84  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by fade2black101 View Post
    Long story but I need to stick with stock rooted roms and kernels to enable a quick toggle of root so I can use this specific app which doesn't work on rooted devices. Tricking it to not see root only works on stock unfortunately.
    I have to do the same thing for an app. It works for me if temp unroot. That is a fair argument though; not everyone wants to modify their phone. Just wanted to show that option is there. I'd never use one handed if I had to dig through the settings. Wait can't you pinch the stock keyboard to do that? Nope guess not, but you can long press the mic key and go to keyboard settings and it's right there.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  10. #85  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by fade2black101 View Post
    I'm happy it works for her and she loves the phone and that's what matters.

    I'm just saying it is not humanly possible to do what she is suggesting.
    Apparently for some it is. Maybe just let it go. You can't possibly know everything about everyone.
    Thanked by:
    Kelly Kearns and kurosenpai like this.
  11. #86  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
    Apparently for some it is. Maybe just let it go. You can't possibly know everything about everyone.
    I know this though as it is simple mathematics.

    Anyway I will let it go now as it's getting a bit pointless debating it.
    Thanked by:
  12. #87  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by jasongeiger View Post
    I have to do the same thing for an app. It works for me if temp unroot. That is a fair argument though; not everyone wants to modify their phone. Just wanted to show that option is there. I'd never use one handed if I had to dig through the settings. Wait can't you pinch the stock keyboard to do that? Nope guess not, but you can long press the mic key and go to keyboard settings and it's right there.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    I'd love to use a different rom but unfortunately I need the app so it's not an option for me. That temp unroot app is a lifesaver as I still need root most of the tine.

    Also, I have the LTE version and there aren't that many custom roms at the mo.
  13. #88  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by fade2black101 View Post
    Well it's not is it? You're honestly telling us you can reach everywhere on the screen with your thumb whilst holding the phone normally and without adjustment?

    Not sure why you're trying to argue that point. Even the reviewers on youtube with massive hands couldn't manage it.
    What myself and others have said is we can operate it one handed like our previous phones. YOU keep saying we can't. Now you might not can, but I can.

    Maybe you should be a mother of a couple of small kids. You might be shocked at what you can do one-handed.

    Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
    Thanked by 2:
  14. #89  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    What myself and others have said is we can operate it one handed like our previous phones. YOU keep saying we can't. Now you might not can, but I can.

    Maybe you should be a mother of a couple of small kids. You might be shocked at what you can do one-handed.

    Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
    Please don't make it sound like I said you can't use it handed. I said you can use it one handed, but it requires a different way of holding it to reach certain places.

    If you didn't understand what I said, then fair enough. Otherwise it is a poor diversion tactic by you when I pulled you up on your comment about your super long thumb reaching the far edges of the phone while holding it normally.

    Please don't pretend I said anything else, and then we can end this stupid debate.
  15. #90  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by fade2black101 View Post
    I'd love to use a different rom but unfortunately I need the app so it's not an option for me. That temp unroot app is a lifesaver as I still need root most of the tine.

    Also, I have the LTE version and there aren't that many custom roms at the mo.
    I do the same thing with a custom rom. Maybe I didn't word that well. Have you tried it? You own the 7105? Have you looked at cleanrom ace? It's stock with some performance tweaks, all apps in multiwindow and 23 notification toggles. You can still use root keeper with it and use your app when you need to.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  16. #91  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by fade2black101 View Post
    Please don't make it sound like I said you can't use it handed. I said you can use it one handed, but it requires a different way of holding it to reach certain places.

    If you didn't understand what I said, then fair enough. Otherwise it is a poor diversion tactic by you when I pulled you up on your comment about your super long thumb reaching the far edges of the phone while holding it normally.

    Please don't pretend I said anything else, and then we can end this stupid debate.
    There are several pages of you saying we can't operate it one-handed.

    Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
  17. #92  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by jasongeiger View Post
    I do the same thing with a custom rom. Maybe I didn't word that well. Have you tried it? You own the 7105? Have you looked at cleanrom ace? It's stock with some performance tweaks, all apps in multiwindow and 23 notification toggles. You can still use root keeper with it and use your app when you need to.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Yep the 1705 and tried it with custom rom and the app doesnt allow it. Temp root only seems to be acknowledged by the app on a stock rooted rom and kernel, unfortunately.

    CleanROM would probably be the one I would use given the choice. Luckilly I've got the multiviee tweaks and directorybind, etc working on my current rom so I'm not too bothered by the lack of roms I can use.
  18. #93  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    There are several pages of you saying we can't operate it one-handed.

    Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
    No

    There are several pages of me pointing out you have to adjust the way you hold the phone to use it one handed. Hence the mentioning of the 3 fingered claw grip which id what you need to do to be able to reach further.

    I suspect that if you let the red myst descent from your eyes, you would have realised that was what I was saying and you wouldn't have begun your absurd debate about super long thumbs.
  19. #94  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,455 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    We've had enough of the one-handed debate. Use a phone that you like in a manner that works for you.

    Sent from my SGSIII
    Thanked by 2:
  20. #95  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    We've had enough of the one-handed debate. Use a phone that you like in a manner that works for you.

    Sent from my SGSIII
    With one hand?
  21. #96  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by fade2black101 View Post
    No

    There are several pages of me pointing out you have to adjust the way you hold the phone to use it one handed. Hence the mentioning of the 3 fingered claw grip which id what you need to do to be able to reach further.

    I suspect that if you let the red myst descent from your eyes, you would have realised that was what I was saying and you wouldn't have begun your absurd debate about super long thumbs.
    Sorry I don't have to do some 3 finger claw grip.

    No we have said we can do this one-handed and you have spent pages saying we can't.

    Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
  22. #97  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    I know I don't have galaxy note 2 but I own a galaxy note which isn't much of different. I can operate it one handed but requires some sort of ways to reach the top screen and it is manageable but most of the time I use two hands. So what is wrong with using two hands to operate your phone?

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  23. #98  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    Quote Originally Posted by kurosenpai View Post
    I know I don't have galaxy note 2 but I own a galaxy note which isn't much of different. I can operate it one handed but requires some sort of ways to reach the top screen and it is manageable but most of the time I use two hands. So what is wrong with using two hands to operate your phone?

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Nothing, and two handed is the way forward with this phone.

    That is not the point I am making here and why I have taken exception to the previous comment.

    This all stemmed from me suggesting if you're used to using your phone one handed 99% of the time, then this probably isn't the phone for you.

    [inappropriate language deleted by moderator]

    And someone decided to continue this facade about super long thumbs defying logic.

    Strange behaviour to say the least.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-25-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    kurosenpai likes this.
  24. #99  
    TTF
    TTF is offline
    TTF's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    The Note 2 has a lot of advantages over the S3. After using the S3 for six months, I couldn't stand it anymore and I got a Note 2. On the S3 there is no way to organize photos in the Gallery. On the Note 2, there is. On the S3, S Voice will not read you your text messages, but on the Note 2, it will. What finally made me give up and switch was the battery life:the S3 required charging at least twice to make it through the day. The Note 2 does not.
  25. #100  

    Default Re: Advice on Note 2 please?

    I have been follow this whole thread and I understand that he has not once said it can't be used one handed rather he has been saying it requires adjustment by the average size user. I could not care less about either sides argument I'm just giving a objective opinion on what I have been reading.

    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help Please on BT Guard on Note 2
    By tetaganda in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2013, 10:18 PM
  2. Need some advice on data plans please
    By lucasbuck in forum Verizon
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 11:37 PM
  3. Need advice on new Verizon phone please
    By the_Damaged_one in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 09:50 AM
  4. Nokia Experts seeking advice on Google Android
    By palmsolo in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 09:27 AM
  5. Advice on what to buy?
    By neely615 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

B