Advice on Note 2 please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No

Ignoring that this phone is massive and more difficult to use than smaller phones is being a fanboy. The problem I was having is reading the comments which would give the OP the impression that the size of the phone didn't require an adjustment in the way you use the phone. Then I pointed out how most unbiased reviews mention the size being an issue for comfortable one handed use.

I think it is quite obvious this phone will require some adjustment due to its size. If a person knows what the N2 is then they know it is a bigger phone.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I think you missed my point..it does not need to be said to someone that is familiar with the phone.

I can operate mine just like my Galaxy S I used to have. I went from the GS to the GS3, a little bigger then to the N2, again a little bigger.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I think you missed my point..it does not need to be said to someone that is familiar with the phone.

I can operate mine just like my Galaxy S I used to have. I went from the GS to the GS3, a little bigger then to the N2, again a little bigger.

I need to get one of these 3 inch thumbs.. It would seem they are all the rage nowadays.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to prove that it is less comfortable using it one handed than more conventional phones.
For you, maybe. For many people it doesn't make a difference once they are used to it.

I've had a quick play on a Note 2 months ago but now I'm seriously getting one in April I'm going to try it out properly next time I can.

And maybe by April you'll be able to compare it to the S4. I would want to do that even more than I wanted to compare it to the S3, which I did and picked the Note 2 mainly because of the screen size and S pen. But the S4 is rumored (and you know how rumors are!) to be coming with a 4.99" screen which brings the major difference to the S pen on the Note 2 vs whatever new things the S4 will have.
What I'm saying is if you have to wait a week or a month to compare them side by side it's probably going to be worth it - for peace of mind after the purchase if for no other reason. I'm not giving up my Note 2 now that I have it but it was a very tough choice to make.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh get a life you clown.

Unless of course you have freakishly long fingers and can reach everywhere without shifting the phone into a different positions. The Note 2 can be used with one hard, but common sense shows it is a different beast altogether from conventional phones and is not designed for one hand use hence Samsung realising this and including a "one hand use" option which adjusts a couple things in case someone wants to go against the norm and use it one handed.

The "facts" are you're one in a billion with ridiculously long fingers of your making up nonsense to try and continue this stupid debate. Of course though, if you have normal sized ore even large hands then your thumb won't reach the corners without needing to shift the phone around in your hands or holding it differently. Unfortunately for you, this is fact.

I realise you're butthurt about the whole thing, but it's time to stop the facade.

Correct, people who are denying this are living in denial... it's a great phone but for some people it's gonna take some time to adjust due to the size of the phone, nothing wrong with being honest about it.

I really dislike ultimate fanboys of any brand, defending the obvious whenever they feel disrespected over what someone said.

I have a iphone 5, small, tiny phone and I almost scored a note 2 this weekend. Will I? I'm still debating on the size of it and I'm 6 feet 185

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Correct, people who are denying this are living in denial... it's a great phone but for some people it's gonna take some time to adjust due to the size of the phone, nothing wrong with being honest about it.

I really dislike ultimate fanboys of any brand, defending the obvious whenever they feel disrespected over what someone said.

I have a iphone 5, small, tiny phone and I almost scored a note 2 this weekend. Will I? I'm still debating on the size of it and I'm 6 feet 185

you are small compared to me. Stick with the i5:cool: Unless you are a smart one and can run the OS like a Boss!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am petite. 5ft2. Small hands. I hold the phone with my right hand. Type with my left. Same with my others. Don't text and drive. That's dangerously stupid. I value my life and that of others. Use my bluetooth headset for calls while in the car. I knew this would be different. But everything it does is why I chose it. I always have had. HTC but no deal with no removable battery and no SD card. For those who can use the phone completely one handed I applaud you. How you use it...really? Its what makes the person using it comfortable. I can't hold it one handed and useone handed. That doesn't bother me. I LOVE THIS PHONE. Best one out there! Enjoy it......

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I am petite. 5ft2. Small hands. I hold the phone with my right hand. Type with my left. Same with my others. Don't text and drive. That's dangerously stupid. I value my life and that of others. Use my bluetooth headset for calls while in the car. I knew this would be different. But everything it does is why I chose it. I always have had. HTC but no deal with no removable battery and no SD card. For those who can use the phone completely one handed I applaud you. How you use it...really? Its what makes the person using it comfortable. I can't hold it one handed and useone handed. That doesn't bother me. I LOVE THIS PHONE. Best one out there! Enjoy it......

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

I agree that texting while driving is a massively stupid thing to do. Even worse than calling.

I should hope that no one does that, irrespective of phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

No one is denying it takes time to get used to. Honestly if someone knows what this phone is and doesn't realize the size will take time to get used to, then they are not smart enough to operate a smartphone.

Only one person in denial here and that is one denying that some of us have adjusted and can operate it with one hand.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
You do realize it has a "one hand" setting, right?

Yeah but simple things like bringing up and down the notifcation bar require you to shift the phone up and down to reach it. This brings new problems when walking and trying to make sure it doesn't slip out the hand.

I don't use any of the one handed features though. I just "shift" the phone. If there was a simple toggle for it I'd probably use it more.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but simple things like bringing up and down the notifcation bar require you to shift the phone up and down to reach it. This brings new problems when walking and trying to make sure it doesn't slip out the hand.

That can be done with one hand, you don't have to hold it just at the bottom.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I don't use any of the one handed features though. I just "shift" the phone. If there was a simple toggle for it I'd probably use it more.

BUT... why do you care so much if some of us can do this?

I could care less who gets a N2 that isn't me, no reason for me to lie about it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

There is an option and you choose what functions to do they with. It is also in the Samsung keyboard options.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
BUT... why do you care so much if some of us can do this?

I could care less who gets a N2 that isn't me, no reason for me to lie about it.

I don't "care"

I'm just pointing out that no one can.

It is not possible to reach the whole screen with your thumb without holding it differently loosening the grip and shifting the phone slightly depending on where you're trying to reach.

And that is not an opinion. It is logic given the dimensions of the screen. Why people are suggesting otherwise is a mystery to me.

I wonder why people get so defensive when someone points out an obvious point about a phone of this size?

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
There is an option and you choose what functions to do they with. It is also in the Samsung keyboard options.

Im aware of this but I mainly use full mode and don't fancy going through the settings constantly switching. If there was a quick toggle in the notification bar or something then I'd be more inclined to make use of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.