Advice on Note 2 please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't "care"

I'm just pointing out that no one can.

It is not possible to reach the whole screen with your thumb without holding it differently loosening the grip and shifting the phone slightly depending on where you're trying to reach.

And that is not an opinion. It is logic given the dimensions of the screen. Why people are suggesting otherwise is a mystery to me.

Maybe if you are a kid or have freakishly small hands. I'm 5-1, petite, small hands. I don't "have the hands" to play classical music on the piano either, but I do and I can reach beyond one octave and it isn't abnormal.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Im aware of this but I mainly use full mode and don't fancy going through the settings constantly switching. If there was a quick toggle in the notification bar or something then I'd be more inclined to make use of it.

Up to you but I'm not going to go on and on about how you can or can do something because I'm not you and it would be stupid for me to make an assumption about you..

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Maybe if you are a kid or have freakishly small hands. I'm 5-1, petite, small hands. I don't "have the hands" to play classical music on the piano either, but I do and I can reach beyond one octave and it isn't abnormal.

Oh whatever

There is probably very few people in the world who can hold this phone how they would hold a normal phone and their thumb can reach anywhere on the screen with no adjustment.

It is just not true and that isn't an opinion. It's common sense based on the size of human hands. You have to have a seriously super long thumb to manage that.

Maybe you have misunderstood what I meant, as it is absurd that anyone would argue otherwise. Even with a 4.3" phone you need an ever so slight adjustment to reach the top corners.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh whatever

There is probably very few people in the world who can hold this phone how they would hold a normal phone and their thumb can reach anywhere on the screen with no adjustment.

It is just not true and that isn't an opinion. It's common sense based on the size of human hands. You have to have a seriously super long thumb to manage that.

Maybe you have misunderstood what I meant, as it is absurd that anyone would argue otherwise. Even with a 4.3" phone you need an ever so slight adjustment to reach the top corners.

I think you are being over the top and can't admit when you are wrong.

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Im aware of this but I mainly use full mode and don't fancy going through the settings constantly switching. If there was a quick toggle in the notification bar or something then I'd be more inclined to make use of it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361764333427.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361764333427.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 38

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I think you are being over the top and can't admit when you are wrong.

Haha riiiite

Yeah you're correct. A phone with a 5.5" screen is perfectly easy to hold normally and our super duper thumbs can navigate the far reaching corners with ease.

You're not in denial at all though. You're spot on about it and it's a mystery why Apple (who believe phones should be primarily used one handed) won't go over 4" on a phone while taking the effort to keep the same width as the 3.8" iphone 4. Crazy move by Apple since according to you it makes no difference whatsoever.

Yep I definately believe you that you can hold this phone normally and reach everywhere with your standard size thumb. I apologise for suggesting it wasn't humanly possible :(

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Haha riiiite

Yeah you're correct. A phone with a 5.5" screen is perfectly easy to hold normally and our super duper thumbs can navigate the far reaching corners with ease.

You're not in denial at all though. You're spot on about it and it's a mystery why Apple (who believe phones should be primarily used one handed) won't go over 4" on a phone while taking the effort to keep the same width as the 3.8" iphone 4. Crazy move by Apple since according to you it makes no difference whatsoever.

Yep I definately believe you that you can hold this phone normally and reach everywhere with your standard size thumb. I apologise for suggesting it wasn't humanly possible :(

It works for her and never will for you. What is the point of debating it?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh whatever

I think your hands must be on the small side. I have a nexus 4 and with my pinky on the bottom of the phone and 3 fingers on the back I can easily reach the top left and right corners. On my note I can reach the top without having to slide my hand up the phone. I'm a pretty average guy 5'11 170lbs

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Everyone doesn't have that in their notification or the ability to modify their notification bar, depends on the carrier. AT&T took that option to modify from us.

I'm on Verizon. It didn't even come with the splanner widget, blocking mode or that toggle but hmm its there now lol. And not that ugly stock touchwiz color either.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
And that is that lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy it works for her and she loves the phone and that's what matters.

I'm just saying it is not humanly possible to do what she is suggesting.

But you do not have evidence of that, so it is futile to debate.:D

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon. It didn't even come with the splanner widget, blocking mode or that toggle but hmm its there now lol. And not that ugly stock touchwiz color either.

I get some options I can use but unfortunately doesn't allow me to include one handed in the notification bar.

Hopefully we get it on an update in future.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I think your hands must be on the small side. I have a nexus 4 and with my pinky on the bottom of the phone and 3 fingers on the back I can easily reach the top left and right corners. On my note I can reach the top without having to slide my hand up the phone. I'm a pretty average guy 5'11 170lbs

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
Nah I'd say they're pretty average sized and you have to alter the way you hold the phone. That's how I hold the phone too and it's not exactly as comfortable as smaller phones and the 3 finger claw grip doesn't seem as secure as holding it normally.

Also, the nexus is smaller and the original note is shorter.

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Don't have that though or the option of using it in the notification panel settings. Maybe it's carrier specific since my one is an international unbranded?

If I had the international version I'd be running omega rom. I'm kinda jealous, except for the lte part. I'm running a custom stock based rom with a omega theme called moto moto that's why it looks a lot different.

Status
Not open for further replies.