Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheOtherBill
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Default 2nd Battery?

I was thinking of purchasing a second battery from Amazon. There are 3 top sellers, but one mentions: "it works with NFC." Will a battery (EC, Qcell, Hyperion) keep the NFC from functioning on the Note 2 i317 ATT?

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: 2nd Battery?

It shouldn't cause the nfc is built into the battery door. So as long as you get a good back door with nfc your good to go.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Kind of what I thought, it seems to affect the nexus 4 mostly, which I guess it's built in to the battery. Is there a battery I should stay a way from?

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    It shouldn't cause the nfc is built into the battery door. So as long as you get a good back door with nfc your good to go.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by destefmx6 View Post
    Is there a battery I should stay a way from?
    Yes, the one that seems to have too good of a price. I grabbed a chinese special for cheap just to have as an emergency backup. It's worth exactly what I paid for it - not much.

Stick with OEM or a good name brand such as Hyperion.
    destefmx6 likes this.

Based on previous phones, I have always found the "Anker" batteries to be very good and very cheap too. On my old HTC phones they performed better than stock, so I can imagine they are very close to the stock Note 2 ones but for much cheaper.
    Thanked by:

I have two extra Anker batteries and they are great. It lasts just as long as the oem battery. I don't trust any of the bargain batteries that claim to have 4000mah and so forth.. The Ankers are legit though.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

I have two of the Anker batteries for my Note II, and they've been working fine. Need the juice for Ingress.

Sent from my SGSIII
    Thanked by:

Would you say they perform any better than the stock ones? I really like the brand but ive been happy with my battery on the note 2 anyway so will probably only buy them if there if they last ever so slightly longer over stock?

It's a shame about the unfortunate naming of the brand "*Anker" though :rolleyes:

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

I haven't monitored their performance closely, but I haven't noticed a significant difference in performance between the Anker batteries and the stock battery.

Sent from my SGSIII

I just ordered my Anker 6200mah battery. Hope to see it Wed. Gonna mod my battery back door and my Otterbox Case. Hoping to see good things with it.

I ordered Qcell (2 batteries) 3 months ago. Works exactly like the original OEM. Last as long. Recommended.
    Android user since the very first T-Mobile G1...
    Thanked by 2:

Just thought I'd add that I find thr Mugen Power batteries to be the best.

They are very pricey though. They offer an extended battery and a normal sized one. Thr normal sized one is usually a fair bit more powerful than stock, but given tbr already top quality battery samsung used, thr mugen one is only 100mah more in capacity so prob only a few % better than stock. The extended battery will probably double your battery life.

Given the price, I prefer the Anker ones. (Will never get the extended battery though as I don't want the extra bulk).
    I just thought I'd mention the mugen batteries because, if you have the money, I seriously think they're the best quality ones available.