Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there any way to resume last app when awakening the screen?[SOLVED]

the last app I was on will show for a moment, then it's always back to the home screen. would love to wake up screen to the last app.
    Last edited by dave1812; 02-25-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2

Default Re: Is there any way to resume last app when awakening the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    the last app I was on will show for a moment, then it's always back to the home screen. would love to wake up screen to the last app.
    Hi

Not too sure what you mean?

My one goes to the last screen that was on before it went off. Are you saying yours always defaults back to the home screen on unlock irrespective of where it was before?

Same for me. (ATT, unrooted)
    It doesn't matter whether I wake with the home button or the power button, it is always right where I left off except for the notification pull down, that always goes away.

Could it be something to do with your lock screen, perhaps a 3rd party app?

Hold down your Home button you'll get a screen of previous open apps. Pick the one you want. Certain apps close by default and theres nothing you can do about those.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Double0EK View Post
    Hold down your Home button you'll get a screen of previous open apps. Pick the one you want. Certain apps close by default and theres nothing you can do about those.
    I know about that feature. I just want to resume whatever app was on screen prior to screen sleep without having to do that

Sent from Note 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by fade2black101 View Post
    Hi

Not too sure what you mean?

My one goes to the last screen that was on before it went off. Are you saying yours always defaults back to the home screen on unlock irrespective of where it was before?
    I don't have screen lock enabled.

Sent from Note 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

My wife solved the problem for me. Stupid me thought that pressing the Home button would do the same thing as the power button because both buttons wake up the screen. Duh

I've always been in the habit of hitting the home button because it's more convenient

Sent from Note 2
    gnr_2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    My wife solved the problem for me. Stupid me thought that pressing the Home button would do the same thing as the power button because both buttons wake up the screen. Duh

I've always been in the habit of hitting the home button because it's more convenient

Sent from Note 2
    he he. So in other words, your phone was going to the home screen because you pushed that button. Thank god for wives (of which I'm one). LOL

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.