What app you disabled in non-rooted stock rom?

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Google gracefully gave us the ability to disable apps without rooting your phone. I have few app that I disabled and it listed as

Bonus App
Favorite App
Game Hub
MobileLife
S Voice
Tmo Name Id
Tmo Tv
Visual Voicemail
Windy Weather
Zynga Game

So far, nothing causing problems. Keep in mind, if you disable that app, it will disappear from your app drawer but remain in the phone. To get it back, you have to enable it.

I am curious what did you disabled on non-rooted stock rom.

I am sure I be hearing a lot from Verizon people since big red like to add so much crapware in the phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
For Documents in the Cloud, CloudOn is great. Plus it's official from Microsoft. Only negative is the relience on the cloud. Without the cloud I use KingSoft Office. Free and 100x better than Polaris.

On disabling application note, here's my list:
- 1 Contacts (Rogers bloatware)
- 1 Number (Rogers bloatware)
- com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks (I don't want my bookmarks messed with)
- Flipboard
- Game Hub
- Games (Rogers bloatware)
- Learning Hub
- Polarios Office
- Ringbacks (Rogers bloatware)
- Ringtones (Rogers bloatware)
- S Suggest
- Shop (Rogers bloatware)
- Video Hub
- VM Plus (Rogers bloatware)

Lot of carrier bloatware included in the firmware. Basically only kept one service from my carrier, which is account details, billing, etc.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Google gracefully gave us the ability to disable apps without rooting your phone. I have few app that I disabled and it listed as

Bonus App
Favorite App
Game Hub
MobileLife
S Voice
Tmo Name Id
Tmo Tv
Visual Voicemail
Windy Weather
Zynga Game

So far, nothing causing problems. Keep in mind, if you disable that app, it will disappear from your app drawer but remain in the phone. To get it back, you have to enable it.

I am curious what did you disabled on non-rooted stock rom.

I am sure I be hearing a lot from Verizon people since big red like to add so much crapware in the phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

Why did you disable S Voice? Its essentially Siri for iphone but with a different name. I left it alone on my phone. It has never caused a problem for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2