Galaxy Note 2 + Proclip USB car dock = Audio/OTG?

Joshua Donivan

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
So I did a quick search and didn't find anything conclusive, so that's why I'm starting a thread. I want to buy a Note 2, but the biggest thing holding me back from upgrading from my iPhone 4 is that I use the iPhone TomTom car dock every day while I'm driving and I love it's ease of use. Just dock the phone in, and press play. It charges the phone and I have audio out as well. I'm looking for that same kind of experience with the Note 2. The ONLY docks that have potential are the Proclip dock and the iBolt dock. (I don't plan on using a case, and I want to avoid using bluetooth or the headphone jack for audio)

iBolt dock - still in the "preorder" stage, but it supports charging and audio out via one cable, although that cable you have to plug in yourself

Proclip dock - you can buy it now, and it has one usb cable plug built into the dock itself, so you just dock the phone

My $300 question is, does the Proclip dock support audio/aux out via the usb plug? 4/5 pin? OTG?

bunky1971

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You can prolly get an answer from proclipusa if noone here has it yet. Their support is fantastic! Once you buy from them, you have a direct link in confirming emails from them. They ususally answer in less than 4 hours

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power