1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default update to 4.1.2

Hello, I read from posts that Samsung has released 4.1.2 udpate to Note 2 LTE phones. But when I goto settings >> about >> Check for updates, my phone keep saying that my version (4.1.1) is the most up-to-date. Any ideas?

Alan

Default Re: update to 4.1.2

If you're on Verizon, then welcome to the fun tardiness that is Verizon update turnaround times.

I don't even know if they'll bother with the 4.1.2 update lmao they'll probably skip and go straight to 4.2.1 now. Which of course is a horrible mistake. Seeing as how 4.2.2 solves Bluetooth problems in 4.2.1, among other things. Can't wait for Verizon to push us an update we never even wanted only to break stuff for months and months until they send us a new update!

Oh wait, I'm running an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Even the Verizon galaxy nexus was 4 updates behind its gsm counterpart... And nexus is supposed to get the fastest updates

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Alan, while Samsung DID release the update, it's not 'all at once' and it's not for all.

If your phone is carrier-branded and you haven't rooted your phone and are still running their stock ROM, then Samsung delivers the update code to them, they handle it, decode it, destroy it, re-do it, add their bloatware and spyware in it, and then they release it to you. This can be in a few weeks or months or not happen at all, depending on your carrier.

If your phone is factory-unlocked, then you'll get the update sooner, but still, not necessarily first. It will depend on the region you're phone was sold. For instance, the Gingerbread update for Galaxy SII was first released in Mexico (go figure!) and gradually sent out to the rest of the world. For the Note 2, I think it was released in Sweden first... In any case, Samsung releases the updates gradually to the rest of the regions, taking even a few months to get all regions covered.

If your phone is rooted and you're running a custom ROM, then you're in the developer's hands on whether and when they update (if at all). Of course, being rooted, you also have the option of just flashing any ROM, including 'leaked', 'preview' or 'beta' ones, which could even mean that you'll have the latest OS even before Samsung releases the official version, with all the risks that entails, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by alankchan View Post
    Hello, I read from posts that Samsung has released 4.1.2 udpate to Note 2 LTE phones. But when I goto settings >> about >> Check for updates, my phone keep saying that my version (4.1.1) is the most up-to-date. Any ideas?

Alan
    Be careful what you wish for. I am with Bell Canada, installed 4.1.2 and I am having nothing but problems. You can read about it in my post.

I'm not having major issues, BUT I've been having (and many more as well) a noticeable drop in battery performance after 4.1.2 with Exynos Patch (I believe the culprit was the Exynos patch, but I might be wrong). It's not as bad as I can still go a full day without re-charging my phone with moderate-to-heavy use, but if I used to go to bed and still have 30% left of my battery, now I'm getting 15% left by bedtime.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Same here im with wind mobile canada (same frequency T-mobile uses) and still no update for me.