Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rankar7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Default E-mail App Issues

I'm having difficulties with the default android email app. Whenever I get a new email, the app displays a number next to the email icon. I have to manually click every single new email in order for the numbered icon to disappear. A while back I used a windows 8 phone and whenever I would open the email app and close it immediately afterwards that was enough to reset the counter to 0 new emails. Is there something i'm missing? Is there a setting to set up for this to happen on the android email app as well? Thank You!

Default Re: Default E-mail App Issues

I just tried it and I couldn't find an option like that. The closest would be to click the select all box (top left) while in inbox, then click on the options button (top right) and select MARK READ.

If anyone has anything else, I'm all ears (eyes) too...
    SpookDroid likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, that's currently what i'm doing at the moment. What is the best email app?

Taiyo, IMHO the Windows 8 app is the one that's wrong... the number indicates UNREAD e-mails... if you just open the app, you haven't really read any of the messages (save, perhaps, the first if that's what opens by default on portrait mode). Yes, I understand some of you might like an option to have all messages marked as read automatically (sort of like clearing Facebook notification lists) but that's not implemented in the stock app.
    Thanked by:

Yup, that's right spookdroid.

taiyo check out the following email apps and see if one works for you: k9 mail, gmail, aqua mail, and Go Mail. A lot of folks on here like k9 and gmail. I hope you can find one that you like.