[Found] - Stylus Friendly Nonogram(Picross) Game

digital0verdose

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
For those looking for a really solid, stylus friendly puzzle game I strongly recommend the nonogram game CrossMe.

63OiJzBQ8-mwVsA-wLqs9Px5N7w1CYWOqsPfc950C3GcG5vnJ7GnwStWd1oDThFZeBur=w705

If you get the free version you have access to a decent chunk of the Easy puzzles. Premium gets you hundreds of puzzles and is $4.95. It is a bit pricey for a game like this, but there is a lot of content if you see yourself sticking with it. That said, it would have been nice if you could just pay for the additional puzzle packages separately for a lower cost.

For those not familiar with this game, it is a square grid based logic puzzle. You will see numbers on the outside of the grid that indicate how many groups of filled in blocks exist in that row and how many filled in blocks belong in each group. There will always be at least one blank spot between each group. You are working towards creating pixel art.

You will be given at least one solid starting point on each puzzle that you will have to work from to solve the puzzles. Ideally they can all be solved logically without guess. That said, I found one Expert level puzzle that left me in a corner where two solutions, logically would work, but only one would work to solve the puzzle. Fortunately by that point it was literally the last two moves so it did not keep me from finishing the puzzle. That was one puzzle out of 100, so assuming that is as bad as it gets, you will have a ton of puzzles you will be able to work on without issue.

The game works extremely well with the Stylus!!!

Personally I am a big fan of this puzzle type and this is the best one I have seen outside the Nintendo Picross versions, though this one can be more challenging. A couple of the expert ones have taken me over an hour each to complete.

In closing, the game is great even if you do not use the stylus and gets a solid thumbs-up from me. If you enjoy puzzle games, you should check this one out.

Last edited:

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I purchased this game in November and deleted it about a week later. I just found the interface counter-intuitive and the play annoying. Half the time when I tried to select a square, I would end up moving the puzzle around. It really was unplayable.

I just reinstalled it so I could remind myself of all that was wrong with it so as to provide a counter-point to your positive review, and it looks like they have fixed almost everything that bugged me before. Its actually pretty great now.

So thanks for getting me to try it again. Much appreciated.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing this game for a while, first on my tablet & now on my N2. It really is nice with the S-pen.

And I agree, MrMLK, it has been & still is sometimes buggy, but if your careful, it's still a fun game.

If you really like it, check out the color version. It adds another dimension to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87