Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Question Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Moving Apps to External MicroSD Card

How to move applications from phone to sd card?

Cool Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Moving Apps to External MicroSD Card

I totally agree with all u r have posted......and ur right all of our privacy is gone.....the apps are toys to keep us brain dead and getting out of our little boxes and become the social animals we are meant to be.........and people wonder why nearly all Americans are taking some form of mental drugs to get through the day....because we r depressed or feeling lonely.....or just plain unhappy people.....everyone should spend a month ot two in another country not so consumer orientated, to see just how srewed up America really is....m
    Go get a life and leave the grown up techy tools at home....live!!!!!
    Thanked by:
    bbbobbbo and captain0690 like this.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Moving Apps to External MicroSD Card

Just because you dont want the option of having that much space availble to use its no reason to belittle those of us that do. I use my GN2 for me and my kids. I need the space.

Sure is odd how so many people register on the forum, post in this thread and then never log in again.

Almost seems like someone is trying real hard to keep this dead issue alive ...
    Thanked by:
    tirith 
    sicario666 and tirith like this.

Telling the user he should be able to "make due" with x amount of memory smacks of the famous saying "what on earth could you ever need more than 64K for?" (or something like that).

The fact remains that all-but-nullifying a user's memory card is *INFURIATING*. Had I known this was the case before getting my phone I would have, for the first time, looked at Apple. Forcing users to do something like this, without giving them the choice of a slowdown or memory, will only make them mad upon finding out. Shame on Google.

Far better would be to say "Using the SD card this way may slow your application down. Continue?".
    Thanked by 2:
    captain0690 likes this.

Man I hope so!
    iPhone 3G, HTC Inspire 4G, iPod Touch 4th Gen, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Note 4

how to transfer my games that i down load in play store to memory card? my tablet is GALAXY TAB 2 7.0 P3100..,

Not sure it can be done without rooting, in any case you should go to the galaxy tab 2 forum,, this is a note 2 forum.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    love my evo.

Hello guys.

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WIth it a 32gb class 10 sd card. When i got home and logged in to google, google play etc and started downloading most of the apps i use on my phone ( galaxy s2 ) i realized i was quickly running out of space. So i tried using App2SD ( like i do on my phone ) to start moving some apps. To my surprise i could't, because i got the message something about not a real sd card or the sd card is emulated. First i thought it was the card, so i tried the one my phone...still the same problem.
    Are you sure this is Google's doing? Because i have the same JellyBean version (4.1.2) on my galaxy s2 and it works fine, even thow it's not rooted. Any opinions?
    Please give me some ideas as what to do, is there an upcoming update that should fix it? This was one of the big reasons why i bought the tablet..to keep the demanding apps on a bigger yet portable and powerful device.

Thank you in advance fot your thoughts.
    Thanked by:
    captain0690 likes this.

Google did this,, that is a fact, to prevent apps piracy. This has been discussed to death in the forums. Google definitely blocked the apps to sd feature in the first version of jellybean.

love my evo.

Global Posts
    973 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    Or it CAN be viewed as people need self control. You don't need 8gb of music or movies on a phone. You don't need 11gb of apps. It's a portable alternative, yes, however, it isn't meant to be a be all end all device.

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    Why do you need a car that will go faster than 60 mph. The same with phone memory why more & the answer is because I want it.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using AC Forums mobile app

Maybe it's just me, but my phone has the option to let me switch from internal storage to external SD storage and allows me to move and download apps to my SD card....

Quote Originally Posted by Phantizma View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but my phone has the option to let me switch from internal storage to external SD storage and allows me to move and download apps to my SD card....
    It's just you...
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantizma View Post
    Can't be done unless your rooted. That sounds like the camera option,, you cannot movie your apps to sd card,, unless you are rooted.

love my evo.

You can still move apps to SD on smartphones. It is with tablets that it isnt possible outside of rooting a device.

I appreciate folks who like keeping their aps to a minimum, but constantly badgering people with their lifestyle smacks of being a troll. As does ignoring peoples base request for help and answers by saying their lifestyle is the solution. Likewise with arguing about stating what their lifestyle is and restating it again when people politely suggest they dont care or would rather have serious answers to their questions.

It appears you can move apps to the SD card after carefully rooting and adjusting your device. What I cannot gather is when another OS update comes, if that will brick the device or harm the apps. My gut would say it isnt a good thing in any case.

There will have to be a solution to this and Im sure if there isnt an app already able to work around the issue, there will be.

My 7 inch Galaxy Tab 2 had about 12 apps, but my kids cant load most of their games because of the pathetic storage policies. Ive used SD storage since my 2006 Starcom 6400 and never had issues like this. It seems utterly disingenuous to say we really face performance issues. I use my devices like Swiss Army knives. This isnt about being frugal with app use and data storage. It is about having devices that fit into and contribute to my own lifestyle. Data costs money. WiFi isnt always around. The Cloud still sucks compared to where it needs to be. I want and need to have these apps ready and waiting when I have use for them, otherwise they are useless and so are the devices they work on.

That doesnt invalidate anybody elses use of their storage space. It is a matter of choice. They have a choice, I do not. The means to give me choice was long proven and already part of my own lifestyle. Google took that away.

There are fanbois that cling to Windows 8 Metro, Xbox One DRM, and lets not even start on the Apple nut jobs. They cling to these things like some cling to limited storage being a virtue not an unneeded hindrance. They do this to feel empowered by clinging to something bigger than themselves and deriving their self-righteousness from espousing what they think are unassailbible opinions.
    captain0690 and Manky Boy like this.

Not bad for a 1st post.
    I found this thread because I wanted to install a game and was told I didn't have enough memory - then I discover the draconian policy of not allowing apps to be moved to the read SDCard (not the emulated one). I find myself frequently outside a coverage area that provides 4G - lemme tell ya, it sucks rocks to go back to 3G and worse for data. Especially with a mapping app. So I now have a map app that contains all the maps I will need - using up memory. Then most apps do not provide the option to let you change storage location - even ClockworkMod stores its backups on the "SDcard" ne' main memory. So yeah - to the folks that think we should lead simpler lives - perhaps you should take it one step further by getting rid of your phone & computer and going off grid. That would prolly make everyone happy.

How can I transfer apps from internal memory to an SD card?

Either root or wait for the update which will be here very soon

love my evo.

Please teach how to move applications from my N8000 to sd card.

Thanks

pls provide process for moving App to external SD card

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Those of us who have been on the AC forums for awhile know that not all sd cards are created equal, but we represent less than .01% of android users. Slow SD cards can create negative experiences, which to a non techy type person might think the phone is slow because it takes FOREVER to load an app. Googles response is to remove the ability to install to SD, thus minimizing negative experiences on things they can control. You know what? Its working.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    Leave it out with that Cloud, as you talk about slow SD cards (was available at the beginning of the MicroSD, now is not any more the idea) and about persons who might think the phone is slow because of the SD card (that persons should know they inserted the SD Card in their phone, isn't it?) HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED a few Kb download speed from an Internet provider who promised 10Mb. You dream in Clouds that many people have 4G / LTE to get 2-300 Gb in seconds.
    This is the main idea I had to give up my iPhone 5 for a Galaxy, and not for a Google Nexus 7.2 - becouse of no SD card extension, and you delusion also with the idea that poor people (that 99% who have no many for a 500Gb hard disk) would have in exchange money for mobile solutions, non-WiFi for the Clouds.
    What type of cloud are you talking about, never mind.

Here is an article I found that seems to explain some of it, although it is not really satisfying.

Here Is Another Reason Google Continues To Shun SD Cards - Multiuser Support

Don't know if anyone tried this... NO ROOT REQUIRED.. Just install the latest leak xxxxMJ5 firmware... It allows to move apps to sdcard. Been using it for a week and although some expected features are not there yet.. The rom works great.
    Hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Jazlaan View Post
    How to move applications from phone to sd card?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast