Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: The voicemail notification icon will not appear when I receive a new voicemail

Quote Originally Posted by jschwartz19 View Post
    Hi there! I have the Samsung Note 2 for about a month and have noticed that when I receive a new voicemail, the notification icon does not appear. I get a missed call notification, and I also receive text notifications, but the voicemail does not seem to work. I have to assume I have one after a missed call and call the voicemail to check it. Any idea on how to get the icon to start appearing? Thanks!
    Yeah, I was disappointed about that, too. I learned at the Verizon class that if you want it from them it will cost $2.99/mo. for Visual Voicemail (a text of the audio content of the voicemail) which I consider a ripoff so I'll just click on the Voicemail icon after every missed call, unless anyone out there knows of a free app I can download merely to SEE when I have a voicemail.

Default Re: The voicemail notification icon will not appear when I receive a new voicemail

Google Voice is free. Visual Voicemail is included. You can use your Carrier phone number with GV VM.

Sign into your GV account, Click on the phones tab, and follow the instructions to switch your VM from your carrier to GV. If you change your mind, follow the instructions again, and it will deactivate GV VM.

I have a Note 2 in Canada and always get a voice mail notification and icon when a new voice mail comes in. In fact, the notification remains until I listen to it. As it should.

Posted via Android Central App
    Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82163524@N05/

Quote Originally Posted by jschwartz19 View Post
    Hi there! I have the Samsung Note 2 for about a month and have noticed that when I receive a new voicemail, the notification icon does not appear. I get a missed call notification, and I also receive text notifications, but the voicemail does not seem to work. I have to assume I have one after a missed call and call the voicemail to check it. Any idea on how to get the icon to start appearing? Thanks!
    Call your voicemail...I use verizon...so *86....then enter my password...
    Personal voicemail options is the #4....then press 1 to turn on voicemail
    Alerts.
    Ta-da.

I have done this several times and no change appears on the phone.

The clear data for voicemail in the application manager worked for me. Thank you!

This worked for me. Thank you!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12