Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Galaxy Note II brightness issue after 4.1.2 OTA update

Hi guys.. in the past i had no issue with the brightness at all.. now when i turn on the light in my room the brightness of my Note II goes up (thats normal) but when i turn off the lights again the screen brightness stays up and never dim back unless i lock then unlock the phone (isnt normal) its supposed to dim down when the light condition changes just like it used to do when it had 4.1.1... help plz
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy Note II brightness issue after 4.1.2 OTA update

guys any help here??

I don't use the auto option to conserve battery life, but I'll go test this out...

It did dim back down, but it took a couple seconds longer than it did to brighten. I'm running 4.1.2, not rooted, so no custom ROM.
    Error
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i just figured out the brightness dims back only when the mobile is held in "horizontal" position.. if held in 45% or any angle it wont go back but once i make in horizontal position whether its held crosswise or lengthwise it will dim back..

I was holding mine vertically, tilted slightly back so the light source could be detected, and it still dimmed. But like I said, it was noticeably slower dimming than brightening back up.
    Error
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

nah mine has to be held horizontally! wont work if held vertically or tilted to the back as you mentioned.. any logical explanation ;d ?

This is actually normal behavior. It has to do with the time it takes your eyes to adjust from being out in daylight, then walking inside a dimly lit building. You are going to want an extra minute or two of extra brightness when this happens.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

its not about the time... it dims right away after i put it in a horizontal position